I want my Mark V!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iFreedom said:
I couldn't resisite so I tried the electrodyne today. Nice cleans and great little low gain fun stuff. For giggles, I cranked the gain to 11 and it sounded almost exactly like the single rectifier I had just been playing on!? Why would they stick retco gain in such a cool amp? I don't know the deal behind the elctrodyne, but maybe that was the point, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I sincerly hope the markV doesn't have a recto flavour to it, or else this well be a huge waste of time for me.

I've never owned a mesa amp, let alone a mark series so I don't know what to expect except what I've read. I can only hope for the best I guess.

Are your ears broken? I don't hear any Recto in the Electradyne. How did you set it up? I took a sound clip of the dyne and posted it in the Modern Amps forum if anyone is interested.

phyrexia said:
iFreedom said:
I couldn't resisite so I tried the electrodyne today. Nice cleans and great little low gain fun stuff. For giggles, I cranked the gain to 11 and it sounded almost exactly like the single rectifier I had just been playing on!? Why would they stick retco gain in such a cool amp? I don't know the deal behind the elctrodyne, but maybe that was the point, but doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I sincerly hope the markV doesn't have a recto flavour to it, or else this well be a huge waste of time for me.

I've never owned a mesa amp, let alone a mark series so I don't know what to expect except what I've read. I can only hope for the best I guess.

Are your ears broken? I don't hear any Recto in the Electradyne. How did you set it up? I took a sound clip of the dyne and posted it in the Modern Amps forum if anyone is interested.

Well, isn't it clear? He said he had just finished playing a Recto....

That thing blew his ear drums :mrgreen:

phyrexia said:
iFreedom said:

Yes, ears are broken. Thanks for asking.

I called my store today and the salesman I bought from called MESA while I waited. I hadn't bothered them for almost 3 weeks cuz I knew it would be a while still. He was told that combos are currently in full production. ALL combo orders will be fulfilled, plus extra ones for stores to sell, then heads will begin. No heads at all to be made until combos are stocked up. He said heads should start shipping by June 1 AT THE LATEST. I know at least 1,500 heads are ahead of me so I'm praying for the 4th of July....which sucks. (Same Mesa rep when I put my order in said 1,200 heads were ordered in a one month period, roughly March and that 70 to 100 orders a month are still rolling in)

MarkIVwidebody said:
I called my store today and the salesman I bought from called MESA while I waited. I hadn't bothered them for almost 3 weeks cuz I knew it would be a while still. He was told that combos are currently in full production. ALL combo orders will be fulfilled, plus extra ones for stores to sell, then heads will begin. No heads at all to be made until combos are stocked up. He said heads should start shipping by June 1 AT THE LATEST. I know at least 1,500 heads are ahead of me so I'm praying for the 4th of July....which sucks. (Same Mesa rep when I put my order in said 1,200 heads were ordered in a one month period, roughly March and that 70 to 100 orders a month are still rolling in)

Thanks for the update. I always look forward to any latest shipment news, no matter how maddning! And it,s just about always something different than what I,ve heard. My guy is still saying end of this month (or so), but that they will be getting one of each, a combo and a head. But man, at this point, who really knows who,s info is the truth, or what,s really what.

The only real truth teller with all of this will be time...ultimately, time will tell. Since we,re waiting for the head, I hope your guy is wrong though! :)

Just a question, regardless of the delivery date, i was just wondering; i ordered mine around March 9th. Would you say i would get it from the first or second batch?

To be honest im a really patient guy, only i have recording and thats whats bugging me.. oh well. Hoping for the best!

rispsira said:
Just a question, regardless of the delivery date, i was just wondering; i ordered mine around March 9th. Would you say i would get it from the first or second batch?

To be honest im a really patient guy, only i have recording and thats whats bugging me.. oh well. Hoping for the best!

You know, unfortunately I believe that there are plenty of orders ahead of yours. Guys started ordering these things NAMM time in jan., one fellow here even before that! So it would seem that you most likely would be in the seond run...from what I,m hearing, there are/were alot of pre-orders for this amp, with more steadily coming in.

However, I think that it would also depend on where you ordered, and where that particular store is in the shipment line/order...and also remember, there may be cancellations, so you might be lucky and get bumped up because of that too! Some folks are cancelling, so the fact that you,re a patient cat will come in handy!

By the way, did you order a head or a combo? I quess that matters at some places too.

Canceled my Mark V order and bought a 6 month old Mesa Roadster Head for nearly $1,000 less than my custom tolex Mark V + tax would have been! I'm counting on you guys to evaluate the Mark V and let me know how it plays. I still stare at the pics, but I'm psyched about my new roadster. mmmmmmmmmmmboyyyyy.

Well I will patiently and (not) happily wait for my V.. but I'm thinking now. If I'm going to be waiting a longass time anyway, why not shell out the extra bucks for a bitchen' white tolex covering? How much extra does it cost guys??

EricFeliciano said:
Well I will patiently and (not) happily wait for my V.. but I'm thinking now. If I'm going to be waiting a longass time anyway, why not shell out the extra bucks for a bitchen' white tolex covering? How much extra does it cost guys??

Eric, I was told 150$, which isn,t too bad. Keep in mind however that this may increase your wait time, as it is of course, a custom order.

I do believe the part about combos being first, then heads. I've worked in several production factories and it only makes sense. I doubt Mesa will be running 2 lines at once but I hope they are.

MarkIVwidebody said:
I do believe the part about combos being first, then heads. I've worked in several production factories and it only makes sense. I doubt Mesa will be running 2 lines at once but I hope they are.

Thats interesting, thanks. Now that you mention it, yeah, it doesnt seem feasible or practical for them to be doing both at once.

Any specific reason that you know of why they would elect to do the combo,s first?...are they easier to build for some reason or something?

But hey, when the combo guys start to get theirs, at least we,ll have some reviews, clips and whatnot to ease the pain alittle until we get ours!

Hi Shang Shi!

Thank you for your answer. Honestly i think you are right i probably will be in the second batch cause there has been so many orders before me and i ordered two heads not combos so..

I guess i will have to record with the triaxis for now (which i have issues with but again wont bore you with the details!!

Guys i hope you hold on to your orders though.. i am sure we will end up having so much fun with them!

Wow, it's so awsome to hear they've actually started production! I've ordered a combo, so I guess this works for me but I didn't order until early March either. The L&M hear said they ordered theirs at the start of the year and since they weren't spoken for I got my name put on one with cash of course. I can only hope that being in Canada, that we still get a piece of the first run. Crossing my fingers. :)

Not a probelm rispsira!

Hey you guys. Anyone who has,nt already, make sure you have a peek at the latest official update thread...finally, some actual, definative, and encouraging news! Now we can really dig in and wait for a real proposed amount of time...boys, I believe our patience is going to be fully rewarded with this amp, :D !

Well I'm not excited about this news. I was hoping they had been making them for awhile. Oh well, I'm not going to cancel so I guess I'll just keep waiting. I hope it's worth it. If it sucks and I have to sell it on ebay for a $300-$400 loss I'm going to be pissed. :mrgreen:

Hey guys! Boy, it,s alittle dead around here lately...everybody just getting tired of the waiting? Ya,ll can call me out on it if I,m wrong, but I have a feeling that it,s not going to be too much longer before somebody gets an amp (hopefully).

Let us pray! "oh amp gods, please, please have mercy on our long suffering guitar playing souls and grant us our amps soon...Amen.

i'm taking this time to figure out how my rig will change when I get the V.

I am going to get rid of my pedalboard and get a rack tuner, power conditioner, G-Major (or equivalent), a GCX, and a Ground Control Pro. I think. This will control the Mark V and I will giggle uncontrollably every time I change patches.

Might go Wireless too :p

Latest posts

Back