JUST PLAYED A MINI RECTIFIER!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Addictedtokaos said:
Notice the mini doesnt have an output. How are you guys finding adjusting volume levels without it? Is it that much of a PITA adjusting both masters?

I would say at first it's a bit of a PITA since you're getting used to the amp and have to trial and error. It's only one extra step so no biggie. After playing with the amp for a few hours and you get to know it, then you just know what they both need to be to balance. I would hate it more if I had to share EQ in both channels. The main reason I got rid of my Mark III. :(

Great video! Thanks for putting this together. I love how you show each setting and how each EQ button impacts the tone.

I see you plan on comparing the Mini and the Dual in an upcoming video. Sweet!

Ahhh! so much GAS! :shock:

I need a bedroom/studio amp and i was going to get an express but now i'm not sure.

any suggestions on which way to go?

LOL!!!! Don!!!....your killing me with your comedy skit at the end. I'm crackin' up over here, man! :lol: :lol:

Good job on the demo, and nice job rockin' all those 80s riffs, too! 8)

Those EL84s really give the Rec a nice new vibe. Much, much sweeter in the top end - and it cuts really nice. I'm digging the cleans as well.

It would of been nice to see how the effects loop works,though.

Looking forward to the shoot-out with the Dual.

Thanks again man!

Thanks guys! Glad you're enjoying the video. If any of you watch to the very end, there's a special surprise waiting at the last few seconds.......

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

JTFischer337 said:
Ahhh! so much GAS! :shock:

I need a bedroom/studio amp and i was going to get an express but now i'm not sure.

any suggestions on which way to go?

What kinds of sounds are you looking for? It will be hard to choose an express over a mini or transatlantic to be quite honest. The express 5:50 has an amazing clean channel and when combined with the reverb will be a much better choice than the mini for a pure clean tone.

Also, if you want your high gain tones to be more smooth and compressed sounding, the express nails that. For anything else, the mini and transatlantic eat it for lunch.

Addictedtokaos said:
I wonder how pissed my better half would be with a mini-recto and 2x12 cab showing up at the door... she wouldnt leave me, whould she?

LOL ;)

Just find a old tackle box and throw it in there she'll never know : )

Neptical said:
LOL!!!! Don!!!....your killing me with your comedy skit at the end. I'm crackin' up over here, man! :lol: :lol:

Good job on the demo, and nice job rockin' all those 80s riffs, too! 8)

Those EL84s really give the Rec a nice new vibe. Much, much sweeter in the top end - and it cuts really nice. I'm digging the cleans as well.

It would of been nice to see how the effects loop works,though.

Looking forward to the shoot-out with the Dual.

Thanks again man!

Yeah the sad thing is, I really do talk to my guitars and amps that way... It's a slightly disturbing look into my psyche, but I'm glad you found the humor in it. :D

About the FX loop... I read your post requesting that, but it was RIGHT before we we're starting to film and I didn't have time to even think about setting effects up.

Maybe I can work that into the next video, comparing the mini and dual. I wasn't even going to compare the clean channels, hehe, but why not do the clean channel with some reverb and delay? Although I haven't tried to loop yet in this amp, seeing as how it's a series loop, I would think that it would be as transparent as the effects you run through it, but we will check it out! Thank you for the feedback and suggestions.

The Tone of the Mini Recto kind of reminds me of my Dual Rectifier running with Yellow Jackets. The difference is that the sound is smoothed out a lot. I am REALLY looking forward to the Dual / Mini comparison Vid.

I really think that the mini recto is a unique addition to the rectifier series and it really has its own sort of vibe. The tone is sweeter and more crunchy sound. Very complex in a nice way. It also sounds more like a rock amp than a Metal one. From the sounds of the video, I think I might like it.

Well, I suggest Mesa should pay just a little something to Haggertys, and their videos should now be Haggertys videos!!!!
Should we get a poll to see if everyone thinks the same??? and suggest mesa that they use these videos on their website???

The Mini just got me thinking... I need to try one out really soon! not because of the tone, but because of the volume.
Don: How do you think it goes against a drummer???

My wife just called to tell me that the Mini Recto and matching 1x12 slant cab she's buying me for my birthday are in the store - she wants to know if I can meet her there at lunch to pick it up...

HELL YA! :D

This is going to look so cool beside my TA-15 in the music room... My Mark V's gonna be neglected at home for a while...

PS- Don thanks for that great video! It was nice of you to use my guitar to demo the amp so I know exactly what it's going to sound like through the stock cab with my rig... (ya, I play a 25th Anni Custom)

So I took my mini recto to band practice on Friday with my 2x12 vertical recto cab. It was loud enough with the the masters at around half way up. There was more than enough low end on both channels and man it really felt like I was playing that amp instead of trying to tame it down. Sounds and feels good when cranked. It's definitely a different breed of recto in a good way. I could hear my self just fine over the drums and the drummer heard me as well. I put a fish n' chips EQ in the loop with a true bypass switch to use as a solo boost. Worked great. I am very pleased with the mini recto. Now, I don't think it will keep up with just a 1x12 cab and I can't wait to try it on 4x12.

Has anyone experiment with changing the v1 to a tungsol like most people do on the dual recto? Will it void the warranty if I put it on?

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive feedback on the Mini Rectifier video.

I'm planning our video for tonight which will be the Mini Vs. Dual Rectifier! Can't wait for this one!

I'm looking for suggestions again, so if you guys want to see a certain sound or setting compared please let me know and I'll try to work it in.

MR-25 vs TA-15, Don. I love both amps, so it would be a really good compare/contrast of which amps are better at what. At this point, I imagine a lot of players are wondering which small amp is the right one for them.

pegagos said:
Now, I don't think it will keep up with just a 1x12 cab and I can't wait to try it on 4x12.

If you don't live in a single family home, the you can't get the master above one on ch2/modern without pissing off all of your neighbors. It drives a 4x12 just fine. :lol:

Has anyone experiment with changing the v1 to a tungsol like most people do on the dual recto? Will it void the warranty if I put it on?

I put a Tung Sol in V1 of every amp I buy, although I did put it through the paces with the stock tubes first. That tube did exactly what I expected it to do, which is sweeten the mids and smooth the highs.

Latest posts

Back