JUST PLAYED A MINI RECTIFIER!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the guy who sells Mesa products likes the new Mesa product. Big surprise!
Just kidding :wink:
Love all the clips you guys do. Keep them coming.

ryjan said:

:lol: :lol:

ryjan said:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all fairness, Don only really shat himself when he played the Royal Atlantic and now this. Of course, these are the two amps that mesa just released. Coincidence!!??? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, so I sell Boogies. In all fairness though, I sell a lot of products, most of which make us a larger profit margin than the mesa stuff, but you don't see me singing their praises on the boards or giving them hours of video coverage on the web.

I'm fortunate I get to sell what I love on the web and and be able to feature brands like Mesa/Boogie and Suhr, which is where my hard earned dollars go when it's time for a new guitar or amp.

And in the end you can decide for yourself from the videos if it's something you like or dislike... and by the way, we will film our first Mini Rectifier video tonight! If you guys have any suggestions for what you want to see or how you would like the video to be presented, now's the time to ask!

HaggertysMusic said:
... and by the way, we will film our first Mini Rectifier video tonight! If you guys have any suggestions for what you want to see or how you would like the video to be presented, now's the time to ask!

Definitely some slow heavy chugging, good example riff would be "Sad but True", or faster like "Creeping Death".

Also, can you compare the modern channel to the Rectoverb's modern?

HaggertysMusic said:
we will film our first Mini Rectifier video tonight! If you guys have any suggestions for what you want to see or how you would like the video to be presented, now's the time to ask!
If you have any guitars with EMG's loaded, it would be nice to hear how it handles some heavy chunky rhythms with actives too!

HaggertysMusic said:
and by the way, we will film our first Mini Rectifier video tonight! If you guys have any suggestions for what you want to see or how you would like the video to be presented, now's the time to ask!

I want to hear it with the 1x12 cab but also with a 4x12.

Can you do something with a low tuning, like a 7 string?

Also, what could be fun is that you record it at low volume and then cranck it up loud! :twisted:

Another clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBSkunayc4

I get mine today!

Addictedtokaos said:
Definitely some slow heavy chugging, good example riff would be "Sad but True", or faster like "Creeping Death".

Ok. I can play something similar in that style. You bet!

Addictedtokaos said:
Also, can you compare the modern channel to the Rectoverb's modern?

Sorry! I don't have a rectoverb here for the comparison.

If you have any guitars with EMG's loaded, it would be nice to hear how it handles some heavy chunky rhythms with actives too!

Ok, you got it!

Our first video will be done using the new Rectifier Mini cabinets, however our next one will be a Mini Rec vs Dual Rec comparison and they will both be run through the same Rectifier 4x12. :D

Sorry! No 7 strings in stock, and we just sold our only baritone this morning!

wantwantwant! too bad it probably doesnt have the power/headroom id need

You know, they do make a version with a lot more headroom! :lol:

I'd be intersted in seeing how well it can clean up with just the guitar volume. I like to mainly use one channel and adjust the gain with the volume of the guitar.

HaggertysMusic said:
Addictedtokaos said:
Ok. I can play something similar in that style. You bet!

Sorry! No 7 strings in stock, and we just sold our only baritone this morning!

Slow and heavy chug chug riffs will do the job! :D

HaggertysMusic said:

Our first video will be done using the new Rectifier Mini cabinets, however our next one will be a Mini Rec vs Dual Rec comparison and they will both be run through the same Rectifier 4x12. :D

That's perfect!

Finnster said:
I'd be intersted in seeing how well it can clean up with just the guitar volume. I like to mainly use one channel and adjust the gain with the volume of the guitar.

Good one Finnster! I forgot about this! I'll like to hear this too!!!

After the video please give on comment on how it behaves at high volumes!!
I know no one uses full 100W... (i use my MV always at 45 and considering the power available its very low volume).
Is it 25W enough for rehearsal with a drummer??????

Finnster said:

Excellent! Thank you for this idea. I just tried a PRS plugged into the vintage mode, gain shy of half, 10 watts, master cooking, and man it's so touch sensitive and cleans up great. I think this is one area that the Mini shines over the traditional Dual and Triple varieties.

I'll definitely be showing you this tone. I'm thinking I will use this PRS Custom 24 for most of the clips and then use an ESP LTD Hetfield for an EMG clip.

Latest posts

Back