JUST PLAYED A MINI RECTIFIER!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Addictedtokaos said:
EvilEmuOfDoom said:
If you have any guitars with EMG's loaded, it would be nice to hear how it handles some heavy chunky rhythms with actives too!

+1 EMGs + HIGH gain!

Too much gain and it mushes out though, right? With EMG's 12:00 or 1:00 seems about right on the gain knob to me for heavy riffage.

Thoughts?

Mine just came in! I won't be able to give it a try until tomorrow afternoon. :(

Here are some unboxing picture:

244pkiu.jpg

2eob2hx.jpg

mc3bb6.jpg

2h7m648.jpg

Addictedtokaos said:
EvilEmuOfDoom said:
If you have any guitars with EMG's loaded, it would be nice to hear how it handles some heavy chunky rhythms with actives too!

+1 EMGs + HIGH gain!
I'm glad someone else wants to see this too! I was feeling a little guilty making a request since I had already pre-ordered Don's first Mini-Recto and it'll be here in two days so I could just play it myself ;)

HaggertysMusic said:
Too much gain and it mushes out though, right? With EMG's 12:00 or 1:00 seems about right on the gain knob to me for heavy riffage.

Thoughts?
Just keep turning the gain knob up while doing heavy palm mutes til it reaches maximum awesome! If it sounds the same whether you're playing or not even touching the strings you've gone too far...

Seriously though, not sure how this one will react but I doubt you'll have to go past 2:00 (if that).

Don,

I'd like to hear how clean the effects loop works. Show some delay,chorus,flange,etc. That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sweet. My shop confirmed that my Mini Rectifier will be coming in next week. I ordered a Orange TH30 at the same time and it'll be coming in next week also. Double New Amp Week for me!

Jacko123 said:
Sweet. My shop confirmed that my Mini Rectifier will be coming in next week. I ordered a Orange TH30 at the same time and it'll be coming in next week also. Double New Amp Week for me!

funny, those are the same two I am looking at. I do not have the $$ both however.

I get to try both, worry free. I think I'll keep them both, but my shop has a no questions asked return policy within 30 days. No re-stocking fee. And it's a national chain too. I heart my shop.

dmraco said:
Jacko123 said:

funny, those are the same two I am looking at. I do not have the $$ both however.

Guys, this amp is the real deal. It is exactly what I was looking for. Really good cleans, good tone, more than enough gain, good at low volumes and can get pretty loud if needed. I'm playing through my 2x12 vertical recto cab and it sounds amazing. It takes my xotic bb preamp in front of the amp very well. My flashback delay in the loop sounds clean.

I found myself playing the vintage mode in the 10 watt the most. Cleans up pretty good rolling back the volume on my les paul. Elastic feel and very easy to play. Sounds very good when I dig in with my pick. Very dynamic. I've played the dual rec several times before, the mini rec nails the tone and feel but with something new.

I come from playing mark 3 for years. Sold it when the mini rec was announced. I chickened out and got a mark iv at a good price. Used it for a month and decided to take a risk on the mini rec one more time. Sold the mark iv and ordered the min rec. I am very pleased with my decision. I play mostly at home and jam every other friday with a band.

The amp has that tone that makes it hard to stop playing. This is a quality amp. I will take it jam with the band this Friday and will report how it holds up.

Good review! Thanks for sharing.

pegagos said:
I will take it jam with the band this Friday and will report how it holds up.

:!: Yes, please let us know!!! :!:

Forgot to mention that it sounds better in person than the videos that mesa provided. Just saying.

pegagos said:
Guys, this amp is the real deal. It is exactly what I was looking for. Really good cleans, good tone, more than enough gain, good at low volumes and can get pretty loud if needed. I'm playing through my 2x12 vertical recto cab and it sounds amazing. It takes my xotic bb preamp in front of the amp very well. My flashback delay in the loop sounds clean.

I found myself playing the vintage mode in the 10 watt the most. Cleans up pretty good rolling back the volume on my les paul. Elastic feel and very easy to play. Sounds very good when I dig in with my pick. Very dynamic. I've played the dual rec several times before, the mini rec nails the tone and feel but with something new.

I come from playing mark 3 for years. Sold it when the mini rec was announced. I chickened out and got a mark iv at a good price. Used it for a month and decided to take a risk on the mini rec one more time. Sold the mark iv and ordered the min rec. I am very pleased with my decision. I play mostly at home and jam every other friday with a band.

The amp has that tone that makes it hard to stop playing. This is a quality amp. I will take it jam with the band this Friday and will report how it holds up.

AAAHH!!!! This sounds exactly like what I want!

=-(

The Electra Dyne is plenty loud for me and I don't really need two 'big' format amps. Having a little 10 watter for practice and 'church' type stuff would be ideal.

Played it this morning for about 45 minutes with the dimed gain in the 25w pushed mode. I was in crunch heaven. It made me be late to work. I couldn't stop. :lol:

Mine just arrived! Sadly, I'm still at work so it's just sitting here on my desk taunting me...

It's funny, although I knew how small it would be (I had a TA-15 briefly) it still caught me off guard. The knobs are so tiny! :) 5 more hours... I might suddenly contract some sort of fast-acting illness. It could happen...

EvilEmuOfDoom said:
Mine just arrived! Sadly, I'm still at work so it's just sitting here on my desk taunting me...

It's funny, although I knew how small it would be (I had a TA-15 briefly) it still caught me off guard. The knobs are so tiny! :) 5 more hours... I might suddenly contract some sort of fast-acting illness. It could happen...

lol. Yes... it caught me off guard too. Specially when I cranked it up. I couldn't believe the sound that was coming out that little thing.

Shut UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!

**sigh** Now I really want to sell my 2 Channel Dual and get one of these. I'd probably have infinitely more use for the mini as I grab my 'Dyne whenever I play the big stuff!!!

Latest posts

Back