JUST PLAYED A MINI RECTIFIER!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YellowJacket said:
Shut UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!

**sigh** Now I really want to sell my 2 Channel Dual and get one of these. I'd probably have infinitely more use for the mini as I grab my 'Dyne whenever I play the big stuff!!!

Hope this helps:

wi2829.jpg

My Dual 3ch is already for sale... still have to try this little beast to buy it!

Just can't imagine arriving to the gig with the guitar in one hand, and the amp inside the guitar bag hehehehe

HAGGERTYS!!!!! C'MON!!!! WHERE'S THE VIDEO? :)

OK, first post and question for the experts. I'm looking hard at the mini. I'm thinking of a standard Mesa 2x12 for the cab rather than the mini 1x12 or a Mesa 4x12. Out of the Mesa series, which one do you guys think would be the best. Obviously the rectifier series 2x12 comes to mind, but what about the others?? I have another amp that I could also run to it.

Thanks in advance!

biglionfan111 said:
OK, first post and question for the experts. I'm looking hard at the mini. I'm thinking of a standard Mesa 2x12 for the cab rather than the mini 1x12 or a Mesa 4x12. Out of the Mesa series, which one do you guys think would be the best. Obviously the rectifier series 2x12 comes to mind, but what about the others?? I have another amp that I could also run to it.

Thanks in advance!
That's gonna be a rough one since they're all good but different (although I personally haven't heard the Mini 1x12, just the standard recto 1x12). You kinda need to find what's best for you. Ideally you should try to play them all but obviously this might not be realistic depending on what music stores are near you.

However, Don from Haggerty's is awesome about doing high quality comparison videos and this might be a good one to ask for ;). Even if not, if anyone is going to be able to describe the differences, strengths, and weaknesses of each it's him. Give him a call.

EvilEmuOfDoom said:
biglionfan111 said:

Thanks in advance!
That's gonna be a rough one since they're all good but different (although I personally haven't heard the Mini 1x12, just the standard recto 1x12). You kinda need to find what's best for you. Ideally you should try to play them all but obviously this might not be realistic depending on what music stores are near you.

However, Don from Haggerty's is awesome about doing high quality comparison videos and this might be a good one to ask for ;). Even if not, if anyone is going to be able to describe the differences, strengths, and weaknesses of each it's him. Give him a call.

I guess the bottom line is that I want one that won't diminish the high point of the mini, but also will be good for other amps. That is, if I happen to get another lunchbox in the future.

biglionfan111 said:

Thanks in advance!

By all means I would recommend the 2x12 Rectifier. Its probablly the best all around cabinet for this amp. On our YouTube channel we do have a couple of 2x12 comparisons (rectifier vs road king and rectifier vs Electra dyne) so you can check those out to hear the differences, which are quite substantial.

The stiletto and roadster 2x12's sound nearly the same, and they would give you a bit more mids and a smoother top end when compared to the 2x12 rec.

Pair the Mini with a 2x12 rec and it's aggressive, tight, punchy, clear, and in your face. If you can't try all the available combinations, I think the 2x12 Rec is a cant miss choice, and it will sound excellent with whatever amp you pair it with in the future.

Regarding the Mini 1x12's... Im not totally sold on these guys yet. Don't get me wrong, they do sound good and look awesome, but for less money you can have the 2x12 rectifier which IMHO is a better sounding rig. For 1x12s I believe I would prefer the wide body theile, but I haven't A/Bed them. I actually think the mini 1x12 will work best with the transatlantic, but again, I haven't tested this! Too much gear and not enough time!

Another thing I want to try is two Mini heads on a 4x12 and have each amp feed one side of the cabinet, dialing in the amps differently... Like vintage through one side and modern through the other. I would think they could share the same foot switch via a Y cable.

EvilEmuOfDoom said:
Mine just arrived! Sadly, I'm still at work so it's just sitting here on my desk taunting me...

It's funny, although I knew how small it would be (I had a TA-15 briefly) it still caught me off guard. The knobs are so tiny! :) 5 more hours... I might suddenly contract some sort of fast-acting illness. It could happen...

Ok, you should have had your amp long enough to give us a review! ... Or have you been too busy playing?!?!

BTW, the size freaked me out at first too... It's SMALLER than the TA-15!

Also, we are working very hard on the video. The audio is done and our video editor has it and is working on it tonight, after hours. I should have a draft by morning, and hopefully have the video on YouTube tomorrow, Friday at the latest!

Alright, cool....update:

I'm totally sold on the Mini-Rec...[for bedroom and some studio]....but for a live band setting, and especially in a metal band ( and bands playing in high output volumes), it's inevitbale that you're gonna run out of headroom..no two ways about it. That was my problem with the Single Solo ( 50watt) head that I owned for 10 years. However, to use it for what it is and designed to do, is what it will be great for. I'm stoked to have a Rec in my posession that runs on EL84s. :D

HaggertysMusic said:
By all means I would recommend the 2x12 Rectifier. Its probablly the best all around cabinet for this amp. On our YouTube channel we do have a couple of 2x12 comparisons (rectifier vs road king and rectifier vs Electra dyne) so you can check those out to hear the differences, which are quite substantial.

The stiletto and roadster 2x12's sound nearly the same, and they would give you a bit more mids and a smoother top end when compared to the 2x12 rec.

Pair the Mini with a 2x12 rec and it's aggressive, tight, punchy, clear, and in your face. If you can't try all the available combinations, I think the 2x12 Rec is a cant miss choice, and it will sound excellent with whatever amp you pair it with in the future.

Thanks for the reply. Nice to ask a question and get a straight-up answer. Now, all I have to do is sell my Egnater and get the boogie!

HaggertysMusic said:
Ok, you should have had your amp long enough to give us a review! ... Or have you been too busy playing?!?!
It's @#$%ing AWESOME!!! Although, I did underestimate it's loudness and got the "evil eye" from my wife (aka: "if you wake the kids, I KILL YOU!"). It's also capable of a lot more sounds than I thought. I think I'll be experimenting with settings for a while (especially the pushed and vintage modes). Most importantly though, I was able to dial in that awesome heavy metal recto rhythm sound in about 5 seconds. All you need to do is put the gain at 2:00-3:00, presence pretty much maxed, make an angry face, and unleash the chugga chugga awesomeness \m/ :twisted:

Needless to say, I'm really happy with it so far :D

EvilEmuOfDoom said:
HaggertysMusic said:
It's @#$%ing AWESOME!!! Although, I did underestimate it's loudness and got the "evil eye" from my wife (aka: "if you wake the kids, I KILL YOU!"). It's also capable of a lot more sounds than I thought. I think I'll be experimenting with settings for a while (especially the pushed and vintage modes). Most importantly though, I was able to dial in that awesome heavy metal recto rhythm sound in about 5 seconds. All you need to do is put the gain at 2:00-3:00, presence pretty much maxed, make an angry face, and unleash the chugga chugga awesomeness \m/ :twisted:

Needless to say, I'm really happy with it so far :D

Not really good for my GAS!!! :mrgreen:

I wonder how pissed my better half would be with a mini-recto and 2x12 cab showing up at the door... she wouldnt leave me, whould she?

LOL ;)

I love my 2x12 vertical recto cab. I believe it's bigger in size than the horizontal to make up for some of the low end when it sits horizontal. I like it because it's slanted and I can hear myself a lot better when playing standing up. I played the 4x12 recto cab before and it has a very similar sound in a smaller enclosure. It's easy to push around with the wheels.

I can't see how the mini recto can sound thin or lack low end in a 1x12 cab. Like Don said, maybe a 1x12 thiele would be better than the 1x12 mini recto. It roars on my 2x12 cab.

By the way, my wife gave me the evil eye as well :twisted: I only had the master on 9 o'clock in 10w mode.

Just watched a draft of the video. It's 14 minutes of Mini Recto coverage! :shock:

Can't wait for you guys to see it. We have to make two minor changes and then we will upload it to YouTube. Should be up later today!

Addictedtokaos said:
I wonder how pissed my better half would be with a mini-recto and 2x12 cab showing up at the door... she wouldnt leave me, whould she?

LOL ;)

You made me spit my coffee! :lol:

Mine already knows one will be crossing the door soon... It's just a matter of time.

HaggertysMusic said:
Just watched a draft of the video. It's 14 minutes of Mini Recto coverage! :shock:

Can't wait for you guys to see it. We have to make two minor changes and then we will upload it to YouTube. Should be up later today!

Awesome news! Let us know soon! 8)

Notice the mini doesnt have an output. How are you guys finding adjusting volume levels without it? Is it that much of a PITA adjusting both masters?

Latest posts

Back