V2A photos for a Mark IIB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdbthai41

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of restoring a "modified" Mark IIB back to original (serial #5947). I guess that this is a very early IIB.

I am having a problem with the V2A area especially the input (pin 1). Mine has a 0.1uF Ruby (Sprague) Orange Drop Cap with a 56K resistor parallel to the cap and a 47K resistor in series (i.e., = approx 100K). The IIB schematic indicates this as correct. The problem is that it looks like it was an afterthought - at least not factory done.

Can someone please post photos of what surrounds V2A on a Mark IIB should look like as per factory fresh?

Many thanks

Thanks Dude2Dude, that's exactly what I wanted.

It looks like there is just a 100K resistor from the power rail to pin 1 on V2A which is different to the mark IIB schematic which has a 0.1 uF cap tied to pin 1 as well as two resistors that approximate 100K.

Can anyone advise what should I do

A) Tie a 100K resistor from the power rail to Pin 1 as per the mark II schematic
B) As per the mark IIB schematic, install a 0.1uF cap with a 56K resistor parallel to the cap and a 47K resistor in series from the power rail?

What is the function of the 0.1uF cap here? Blocking DC on the signal?

Thanks in advance.

That .1 cap is not tied to pin 1.It is a shunt/bypass cap around the 56k resistor.It is to prevent oscilations.Quite common and necessary in these high gain circuits.I would use it.

Back