The Trans Atlantic is one effects loop away from awesome...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that channel two on the TA hasn't enough gain to make a proper lead sound.....to me it's not a problem, because I love channel two for its crunchy sound, and as said before, I doesn't need reverb or delays...

Why you don't like to use pedals for distorted sounds?I think they add to the sound a more personal approach, if you understand what I mean....:)

Not much point in an fx loop in an amp that you are using to get power tube breakup!

The usual fx rules work with this amp. Wah, Overdrive, Phasers work fine into the front of the amp.

You can have a touch of delay on the dirty tones but anything more sounds bad and muddy to my ears. If you are using the clean on 15 & 15 watt (and not pushing hard enough to breakup the the pre-amp) then you can put whatever effects you want in.

I normally use some reverb, thought I'd miss it but it just doesn't seem to be an issue for me.

If you are into racks and/ or heavily processed tones then this might not be the amp to you. If you are more into letting the amp do the work then this is a great amp.

For reference I play rock, classic rock and blues type stuff mostly.

Cheers
Jon

tommo said:
I think that channel two on the TA hasn't enough gain to make a proper lead sound.....to me it's not a problem, because I love channel two for its crunchy sound, and as said before, I doesn't need reverb or delays...

Why you don't like to use pedals for distorted sounds?I think they add to the sound a more personal approach, if you understand what I mean....:)

I do like and use pedals pedals to color my leads to my taste. I just wouldn't want to drag a pedal board with an amp this small....defeats the whole purpose for me. For that I just stick to a conventional amp head.

I was a bit worried about no loop when I got the amp, but I just gigged it and it was fine for my needs. I needed heavy delay/echo for two songs solo bits so I had a pedal that I really like (Catalinbread DLS) in front of the delay and the amp clean. Other than that I used a very moderate delay to fatten up some of the cleanish sounds. It worked fantastic.
But it's not super processed hi gain sound anyway more light break up leads. If you are hauling around a rack the TA is not your amp anyway I´d say.

Latest posts

Back