Just wanted to introduce myself!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogieMike

Reaction score
I have been a Mesa/Boogie fan for a long while now.. growing up in the 90s cemented that rectifier tone in my head, and it's tough for me to try and escape it... but, then again, why would I want to? =) My first Mesa was a Rectoverb 50 1x12 Combo (Series 2). I loved it so much, and I wish it didn't break down. I saw that Mesa had released a 25-watt version of the amp, and I finally bought one last week. It's a RoV 25 Head, and I am plugging it into my old RoV 50 cabinet. It has a Black Shadow C90 in it, and so far I love the tone. I have been re-inspired to start playing and practicing more! Thanks for providing me with the opportunity to introduce myself, and to be a part of your community!

I have been a Mesa/Boogie fan for a long while now.. growing up in the 90s cemented that rectifier tone in my head, and it's tough for me to try and escape it... but, then again, why would I want to? =) My first Mesa was a Rectoverb 50 1x12 Combo (Series 2). I loved it so much, and I wish it didn't break down. I saw that Mesa had released a 25-watt version of the amp, and I finally bought one last week. It's a RoV 25 Head, and I am plugging it into my old RoV 50 cabinet. It has a Black Shadow C90 in it, and so far I love the tone. I have been re-inspired to start playing and practicing more! Thanks for providing me with the opportunity to introduce myself, and to be a part of your community!
Welcome... maybe post a pic of that new rig in the Rectifier sub forum :)

Welcome fellow Boogie fan. As we all know Boogies come in various shapes and sizes. Some are crisp and crunchy, others are gooey. At times they can be sweet and mellow down to outright nasty. Depends on your desires if you want to enter the gates of heaven or fall down to the gates of hell (those are always open BTW). There has not been a boogie I picked that I did not like. They are all good!. Sure if you see Mesa Engineering on the amp, it is still a Boogie in my books. I do have a few, some I favor more than others but depends on the mood or what I want to achieve. Sometimes you need that Dual Rectifier tone to bring forth the soul of the music or perhaps a California Tweed to dish out some blues. Depends on the poison you choose: 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8, Sure 10 or 12 may be good too. Wait, what you say? Well the 4 and 5 are more for Bass, sometimes you may find a more strings on one. So where does the 10 come from, it is a hybrid form of a 12 string.

Anyhow, welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your experience. It has slowed down over the years but the members here are still quite active. It is a good place to share your experiences and to express your opinions. A good source of information and other resources at your disposal.

Latest posts

Back