New Mesa amp rumor!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sbalderrama said:
it wouldn't surprise me if a new "mark" series comes out using the same chassis dimensions that the LoneStar and Stilettos seem to be using. I don't have a Stiletto but it looks to be the same chassis size as the Lonestar. It might be they are just getting rid of the angled front cabinet deisgns. If thats the case, then it should be possible to have a rackmount kit that fits any of those amps and any new "mark" amp, which would be pretty cool. The LS chassis definately fits in a short head, given that I have one. :)

You have a very good point there.

This type of move would cut manufacturing cost and help streamline production.

There very well could be a move like this.

The Mark V would be like a Mark IV but maybe with no shared EQ on the Chaneels, simplifying the amp some, and giving lots of options while maybe tweaking the channels some like say a LSC Clean channel.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I believe that the Mark is the only line without tube rectification so I'd expect that would be tossed in as well.

Gee i hope they dont ruin the mark line by adding a rectifier tube..The only mesas that dont have that mushy flubby bottom end are the ones without rectifier tubes..rec tubes make the amps so flabby and inarticulate. Even when the switch is switched to diodes, the rec tube still has a big influence on the slow feel of the amps...

Nope, no one on the thread actually "knows" anything (or if they do they are not saying). Like it says in the title, it's a rumor thread.

Their ain't no facts here. 8)

playdosboogies said:
Gee i hope they dont ruin the mark line by adding a rectifier tube..The only mesas that dont have that mushy flubby bottom end are the ones without rectifier tubes..rec tubes make the amps so flabby and inarticulate. Even when the switch is switched to diodes, the rec tube still has a big influence on the slow feel of the amps...
The rectifiers are out of the circuit when the diodes are engaged. The flabbyness comes from the circuit design and trannys.

I can't confirm the Mark V rumor, but I do know that Mesa has been developing a new flagship all-tube bass amplifier based on a 6550/KT88 platform.

One design that has been on the back-burner for years is the Transatlantic, allegedly Boogie's take on the Vox AC30.

What I'd love to see?

A Stiletto-voiced version of the Road King. Cleans running 6L6's, but channels 2, 3 and 4 using Stiletto Deuce circuitry...with 4 EL34's and 2 6L6's, instead of the reverse!

Or some variation thereof...Channel 1 with Lonestar Cleans, Channel 2 with the Stiletto Crunch, Channel 3 with Stilletto High Gain, and Channel 4 with Recto Vintage/Modern Gain!

I can dream, can't I?

guess what you all! i went to john petruccis clinic yesterday and he said he just played a mark V prototype couple of days ago! so i guess im saving my money for that baby! stop guessing alredy and expect that mark v........

willrock said:
guess what you all! i went to john petruccis clinic yesterday and he said he just played a mark V prototype couple of days ago! so i guess im saving my money for that baby! stop guessing alredy and expect that mark v........

Someone could check it out I suppose. The clinic was at:

Make N Music
1455 West Hubbard Street
Chicago, IL 60622
312-455-1970

I'm gonna say it will be a 5 channel Road King with channel morphing, channel cloning, tube blending, tube selecting, rectifiers & diodes (one at a time or both combined) multiple sellectable trannies, four assignable speaker outs, dual assignable graphic eq's, full tone stack for each channel, two types of on-board reverb, 6 x 6L6 + 6 x EL34 + 4 x 6V6 tube compliment, AND THE FIRST EVER USER ASSIGNABLE BIAS LEVEL ADJUSTMENT THAT GOES FROM "WE CAN BARELY HERE ANY SOUND" COLD TO "LOOK AT THE PRETTY COLORS" HOT! :twisted:

It will be called the Mesa Boogie "Royal Bank Breaker". :shock:

Aside from the Transatlantic, other names recently added to Mesa's list of registered trademarks:

Viceroy
Badlander
Artisan

Core9 said:
I'm gonna say it will be a 5 channel Road King with channel morphing, channel cloning, tube blending, tube selecting, rectifiers & diodes (one at a time or both combined) multiple sellectable trannies, four assignable speaker outs, dual assignable graphic eq's, full tone stack for each channel, two types of on-board reverb, 6 x 6L6 + 6 x EL34 + 4 x 6V6 tube compliment, AND THE FIRST EVER USER ASSIGNABLE BIAS LEVEL ADJUSTMENT THAT GOES FROM "WE CAN BARELY HERE ANY SOUND" COLD TO "LOOK AT THE PRETTY COLORS" HOT! :twisted:

It will be called the Mesa Boogie "Royal Bank Breaker". :shock:
I NEED THAT AMP! for my current heavy metal country R & B band, Top-40, Cover Original Copy Band.

We play nu-metal, new wave, new age, C & W, R & B, Funk, Folks, Punk, Classic Rock, 80ish Hair LA glam rock, Alternative, grunge, Techno, oldies, newies, rap/crap, shred Celtic music. :lol:

I WISH (though i wont hold my breath) it would just be a single channel flamethrower type amp..Sort of like the soldano slo that the original dual recs were based on..Though unlike the original dual recs, i would prefer one HOT channel instead of all the other gizmos,and modes that Randall added to what could have been the amp to end all amps. I just wish tone would be the bottom line and not versatility.

Nigel.Wambuto said:
I can't confirm the Mark V rumor, but I do know that Mesa has been developing a new flagship all-tube bass amplifier based on a 6550/KT88 platform.

One design that has been on the back-burner for years is the Transatlantic, allegedly Boogie's take on the Vox AC30.

so maybe they're taking a stab at the vht ul territory.... fitting if its true since VHT just took a stab at the Recto series with their Sig X.... actually if both the mark V and this kt88/6550 rumors are the same amp that'd be pretty interesting.... because a mark iv type tone with hotter tubes like the kt88s sounds like the ultimate paint peeler to me..... whatever comes of this new "flagship" if its anything as wild as these rumors it should be good, and not just a revision like a roadster II or a lonestar II

Nigel.Wambuto said:
Aside from the Transatlantic, other names recently added to Mesa's list of registered trademarks:

Viceroy
Badlander
Artisan

GREAT FIND. Very clever indeed. I wonder what these names are, will we have another bass amp at Summer NAMM just to let us down? The Baron is listed as Mesa/Baron.

Where can we find the trademarks by mesaboogie?

nevermind, found em.

They have Artisan, but Blackstar has an ampline thats called Artisan, weird....

confirmed by some people at the ernie ball forum who were at the petrucci clinic
they say he's been very happy with it.
so there's a mark V coming out :)

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/32301-back-chicago-petrucci-clinic.html

that's a link to the thread
guess i'll pass up on the roadking and save up for a mark V
:)

Latest posts

Back