New Mesa amp rumor!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Australia and have played and gigged for 20-25 years.
I've heard many people on this forum rave about the Mark IV which sounds great and all but I've never once seen one in Australia. Not for sale, not on stage, I've never heard one and have never heard of anyone that owns one - other than on this site.

Elvis has been seen more often in Australia than a Mark IV

Was this amp only ever released in the US ??

Newysurfer said:

That's odd. The original owner of my IV got it from Oz.

The import/export taxes might have made it too expensive for Australia?

Newysurfer said:
I've heard many people on this forum rave about the Mark IV which sounds great and all but I've never once seen one in Australia. Not for sale, not on stage, I've never heard one and have never heard of anyone that owns one - other than on this site.

Dude!!

i have a mk IV and mk IIC+ and i am from newcastle???

Wat are you talk about??

MrBoggles said:
ch 1+2 from ch 1+2 of lonestar/ special
ch 3+4 from ch 1+2 of Deuce
ch 5+6 from ch 3+4 of RoadKing

Why would we then buy the original models if we could get every single amp in their lineup in one expensive head? Bad marketing strategy. Is it really that hard to just face the fact that there HAS to be a new Mark model coming? We've all seen the prototype photo and they just discontinued both the Mark I and the Mark IV, which has been in production for more than 17 years!

However, if you'd like something like this, that's cool. But it would look even cooler having all those individual heads in a rack cabinet on stage!! 8) 8)

MrBoggles said:
Idealy
six channel
ch 1+2 from ch 1+2 of lonestar/ special
ch 3+4 from ch 1+2 of Deuce
ch 5+6 from ch 3+4 of RoadKing

three independant or non independant (we can switch that) fx loops series/parra (switchable also)
running 4x6l6 + 4xEL34 +2EL84
Reverb
with (footswitchable /midi triggered) modes (eg. raw vint mod)
weighing as much as a large goat or small elephant.
costing so much that even after selling a kidney a lung and your first born you'll still need an xtra 10G's
or put simply a RoadKing Lonestar and Stiletto tied together.
Mmmmmm.... Bbiiigg Aaammmpp........

That's not a Mark, it's some kind of mutant Road King. I would hope Mesa would keep the Mark line pure. The Mark cleans may not be as nice as the Lone Star, but it has it's own tone that is attractive to some. There's no need, and I would hope there's no demand, to have the Mark series sound like a Recto, Stiletto, or any other amp. I'm not a fan of the Mark series, but keep the Marks sounding like Marks, not like half assed versions of every other amp in the Mesa lineup.

stompboxfreak72 said:
If a Mark V is on the way I'll just be happy to demo it ! I won't be able to compare it to a Mark Iv because I have had a better chance of seeing Jesus on a unicycle than seeing a Mark IV.

LOL...So true.

I might actually have BOUGHT a Mark IV if I could have found one of these mythical beasts when I was amp shopping this year.

Shep said:
Newysurfer said:

Dude!!

Wat are you talk about??

Great - you're the very first Mark IV owner I've heard of here.
Where can I hear you play it ???

Newysurfer said:
Shep said:
Newysurfer said:

Dude!!

Wat are you talk about??

Great - you're the very first Mark IV owner I've heard of here.
Where can I hear you play it ???

I am playing at the great northern tomorrow night (thursday) at 10 i think.my band is last on anyway.that will be my mark iv.

Latest posts

Back