New Mesa amp rumor!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless Rocks said:
So we've been aware for a while that the MkIV short chassis was to be discontinued. That's a bit confusing since that is the most popular version of the amp and for example on fleabay the shortie heads always bring more than an EV loaded combo. When the MkV does eventually make it to the streets, what if it's only available in a medium head or widebody combo? I've converted all my cabs over to the Boogie sized stuff (19" wide) Theile's in particular. Doesn't make sence.
That probably means that the new models wont work in the short chassis . I bet there is something in the design that doesnt translate to a short version .

Barry said:
Restless Rocks said:
So we've been aware for a while that the MkIV short chassis was to be discontinued. That's a bit confusing since that is the most popular version of the amp and for example on fleabay the shortie heads always bring more than an EV loaded combo. When the MkV does eventually make it to the streets, what if it's only available in a medium head or widebody combo? I've converted all my cabs over to the Boogie sized stuff (19" wide) Theile's in particular. Doesn't make sence.
That probably means that the new models wont work in the short chassis . I bet there is something in the design that doesnt translate to a short version .

Yeah, there´s probably too many controls to fit on the front and back panels on the short chassi versions.

Separete controls for each channel (perhaps set up in the Nomad or 3ch recto style) graphic eq (no contour knob, please!), maybe some voicing switches, master vol, perhaps even a solo control. And probably a lot of new switches on the back, perhaps even separete power options and reverb controls for each channel.

I would be happy with the options that the Mark IV has, but with fully separete knobs on rhy 1 and 2. I would also like to get more out of rhy 2, perhaps a voicing switch, to toggle between the normal rhy 2 tone and a 2nd lead channel.

A four channel amp would be nice. Rhy 1 from the Mark IV, Rhy 2 from the mark IV, Lead 1 (voiced closer to the IIC+ or III) and lead 2 from the Mark IV.

Time will tell.

I understand that the Mark IV's are really discontinued. I also understand that one of the reasons is because Mesa exhausted their supply of one of the Mark IV components and Randall refuses to use sub-standard parts in his flagship amp. This information should become official very soon (if indeed it is legit).
I asked about a potential Mark V and was told that Mr. Smith has been "sharing some ideas with well known Boogie enthusists for several months." [Pettrucci?].
So, the Mark IV that has been on order for many months WILL NOT be shipped to the store out here. If I ever want to be able to check out a Mark IV, I have to find someone who owns one, or find a store with one on the floor-

More news to follow, Im sure-

Laskyman

Laskyman said:
I understand that the Mark IV's are really discontinued. I also understand that one of the reasons is because Mesa exhausted their supply of one of the Mark IV components and Randall refuses to use sub-standard parts in his flagship amp. This information should become official very soon (if indeed it is legit).
I asked about a potential Mark V and was told that Mr. Smith has been "sharing some ideas with well known Boogie enthusists for several months." [Pettrucci?].
So, the Mark IV that has been on order for many months WILL NOT be shipped to the store out here. If I ever want to be able to check out a Mark IV, I have to find someone who owns one, or find a store with one on the floor-

Laskyman

if your looking and live near NJ, Toms River Music Center in Toms River, NJ has two Mark IV combos (one is used, the other is new).... if your not in the area call them up and see if they'll ship it

jdurso said:
if your looking and live near NJ, Toms River Music Center in Toms River, NJ has two Mark IV combos (one is used, the other is new) . . . if your not in the area call them up and see if they'll ship it
According to Mesa/Boogie, Mesa policy does not allow its dealers to ship current product out of its distribution region. However, Mesa DOES allow its dealers to ship product that has been DISCONTINUED (i.e., the Mark IV).

Laskyman said:

Laskyman

Musician Supply in Columbia, SC has a Mark IV in stock .

Laskyman said:
I understand that the Mark IV's are really discontinued. I also understand that one of the reasons is because Mesa exhausted their supply of one of the Mark IV components and Randall refuses to use sub-standard parts in his flagship amp.
Laskyman
I hope all the Mark IV amps out there never have "that" part fail, or there will be problems. I often wonder if companies claim a part is discontinued just to be able to drop a product without a lot of their customer base getting pissed? Think about it, how many people here think Mesa is crazy for dropping the MkIV? But using the "parts availability" excuse gives them justification. With Mesa's buying power they could always get another source for any component they need. What part in a tube guitar amp could be sooooo high tech that it can't be found or produced?

2 comments:

About the parts: I am pretty sure what mesa does, is they make sure they have back stock on parts --- hence why I can still order parts for stuff like my formula, etc --- so they hit their limit for manufacturing, but have enough parts to supply the repair market. Mesa seems to be way ahead of the curve on all this stuff, and any time I need anything they are more then willing to help.

The Mark V(IV) well i just noticed today, the Mark IV link on the site is broken, and it is now listed under the "Out of Production" site... so it really seems to me that it is time for the Mark V (I know I will want one).

This Mark IV news is depressing.

Ironically my GC just got a custom-order one in, Blue AAAA flamed maple 112 combo version. Too rich for my blood.

Mesa must have just updated the Out of Production section. Here's the Mark IV entry:

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Mark_IV/mark_iv.html

In this day and age, it's typically not a question of being too "high-tech", it's usually a case of something being too "low-tech". Perhaps a specialty part is no longer being produced anymore. Just to keep things in better perspective, there aren't too many tube manufacturers out there anymore, are there?

Why does so many here think they have discontinued the Mark IV because of unobtainable parts . In the entire history of the company whats the one amp thats always been there ? Correcto mundo, the mark series . And it will always be there . Sit back and watch .

Laskyman said:

Laskyman

If you're in the market, just buy one. Buy it used, they're holding their value pretty well, and you'll probably make money on the deal if you decide to sell later.

Idealy
six channel
ch 1+2 from ch 1+2 of lonestar/ special
ch 3+4 from ch 1+2 of Deuce
ch 5+6 from ch 3+4 of RoadKing

three independant or non independant (we can switch that) fx loops series/parra (switchable also)
running 4x6l6 + 4xEL34 +2EL84
Reverb
with (footswitchable /midi triggered) modes (eg. raw vint mod)
weighing as much as a large goat or small elephant.
costing so much that even after selling a kidney a lung and your first born you'll still need an xtra 10G's
or put simply a RoadKing Lonestar and Stiletto tied together.
Mmmmmm.... Bbiiigg Aaammmpp........

MrBoggles said:
Idealy
six channel
ch 1+2 from ch 1+2 of lonestar/ special
ch 3+4 from ch 1+2 of Deuce
ch 5+6 from ch 3+4 of RoadKing

three independant or non independant (we can switch that) fx loops series/parra (switchable also)
running 4x6l6 + 4xEL34 +2EL84
Reverb
with (footswitchable /midi triggered) modes (eg. raw vint mod)
weighing as much as a large goat or small elephant.
costing so much that even after selling a kidney a lung and your first born you'll still need an xtra 10G's
or put simply a RoadKing Lonestar and Stiletto tied together.
Mmmmmm.... Bbiiigg Aaammmpp........

does it come with a custom Mesa fork lift? Maybe some diamond chrome plating and black taurus tolex?

I will just be happy if a Mark amp comes out that I can actually find ! GC stocks the Express comb and rectifiers. I have been playing for 24 years and I have never seen anyone playing a Mark amp in my area nor have I been able to find one that I can demo.

If a Mark V is on the way I'll just be happy to demo it ! I won't be able to compare it to a Mark Iv because I have had a better chance of seeing Jesus on a unicycle than seeing a Mark IV.

jdurso said:
does it come with a custom Mesa fork lift? Maybe some diamond chrome plating and black taurus tolex?
Yes and if you buy now we will throw in not one not two but three magical dawarf roadies. but only while stocks last

MrBoggles said:
jdurso said:
Yes and if you buy now we will throw in not one not two but three magical dawarf roadies. but only while stocks last

will the come with diamond chrome plated armor with a black taurus head dress?

Latest posts

Back