New Mesa amp rumor!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the summer NAMM site Mesa Boogie doesn't have a booth, at least not as of yet, so I guess we can't plan on an announcement there. I hope they let us know soon, especially for those who can't order a Mark IV any more and may start looking elsewhere.

Restless Rocks said:
So if Pettruci loves the MkV so much why wasn't he playing one at the clinic? His endorsement alone could sell all the V's mesa could build for the next year.
He's probably restricted to closed door testing. Mesa wouldn't want something that big to be out in public view.

I don't really understand why so many refuse to believe that a Mark V is inevitable or even possible. I think any hint of limiting or discontinuing the Mark IV would naturally lead to the assumption that a Mark V would be next.

Oh don't misunderstand, I fully believe it's possible and most likely probable.. I'm just saying that thread sounds like complete bullshit to me.

sleepingtiger said:
We play nu-metal, new wave, new age, C & W, R & B, Funk, Folks, Punk, Classic Rock, 80ish Hair LA glam rock, Alternative, grunge, Techno, oldies, newies, rap/crap, shred Celtic music.

No Polka huh? :roll:
:x
Posting up Want Ad: Need band member that knows how to play the accordion for the band to complete.

... and all this time I thought the Road King II did it all.

But I realize there was something missing ...

ah, Ha!
barsink-t.jpg
:lol:

Just an FYI, but I called Mesa the other day and spoke with Michael Wolf. I asked about the Mark IV being discontinued, and he told me that only the short heads are being discontinued, none of the others. Hope I didn't burst anyones bubble. Nonetheless, I think Mesa might have something up their sleeve for Summer NAMM but the way Michael put it, he said the Mark IV wasn't going away for quite some time.

mystidream said:
Just an FYI, but I called Mesa the other day and spoke with Michael Wolf. I asked about the Mark IV being discontinued, and he told me that only the short heads are being discontinued, none of the others. Hope I didn't burst anyones bubble. Nonetheless, I think Mesa might have something up their sleeve for Summer NAMM but the way Michael put it, he said the Mark IV wasn't going away for quite some time.

Then again, if Mesa did have a new product on the horizon I would expect the exact same answer from the factory. i.e. they are not going to give away any info suggesting a new product is coming. Why? Like in all industries they do not want to stall current sales.

newfinator said:
I don't really understand why so many refuse to believe that a Mark V is inevitable or even possible. I think any hint of limiting or discontinuing the Mark IV would naturally lead to the assumption that a Mark V would be next.

Like others have commented, I don't think its really that people don't think it's possible, its more that most posters are just speculating with no facts what-so-ever. i.e. no one actually knows anything, it's all just their opinion.

The Mark V discussion comes up every 6 months when someone posts a "there is something in the works" comment.

Mesa might indeed announce one. Who knows?

If there IS a Mark V in the works, Petrucci and Hetfield/Hammett probably have prototypes sitting in their practice spots already.

I enjoy the specualtion.

Its apparent no one knows anything for sure but it gives us something to talk about. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 11 pages already! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I want is a Tremoverb with the LSS Clean channel, no delay in channel switching or Reverb, Solo function and footswitchable EQ.

:lol: I would stop shopping at that point, so that's why it doesn't exist. :lol:

So we've been aware for a while that the MkIV short chassis was to be discontinued. That's a bit confusing since that is the most popular version of the amp and for example on fleabay the shortie heads always bring more than an EV loaded combo. When the MkV does eventually make it to the streets, what if it's only available in a medium head or widebody combo? I've converted all my cabs over to the Boogie sized stuff (19" wide) Theile's in particular. Doesn't make sence.

Silverwulf said:
If there IS a Mark V in the works, Petrucci and Hetfield/Hammett probably have prototypes sitting in their practice spots already.

i'll let you know when i go out to to HQ with my buddy.... he's interviewing them for Guitar World

jdurso said:
Silverwulf said:

i'll let you know when i go out to to HQ with my buddy.... he's interviewing them for Guitar World

Lucky!

Latest posts

Back