New Boogie Owner; need help with Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primative

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a early model Rectoverb. It is serial # XXX190. My issue, or it may not be is that the FX loop seems weak in channel 2, with a decrease in volume when my MXR Carbon Copy is deployed. In the clean channel this is not the case. Is this an issue with the head, weak battery (It feels strong), or something else. I am loving the tones from this thing. I have it going into a Soldano 4x12 at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Couple of things are you using Vintage or Modern on Channel 2? There is a noticable volume change between the two with the latter being louder.

If your not getting the volume drop without the pedal, I have to think the pedal is the issue and not a preamp tube driver for the loop circuit. I'd say remove the pedal from the loop. Insert a patch cable into the send and return of the amp and see if volume drop is still there. It's a parallel loop so you want to ensure that you get the level set just right on the back. May just be a matter of tweaking.

The mix on CC is actually a dry/wet mix not a level so finding the sweet spot with that may take some tweaking. Not all amps digest all pedals well. The analog nature of the carbon copy could be adding to your whoas. There might be other's here with CC experience so maybe someone else may be able to chime in.

Personally I've never been a fan of the parallel loop and was never really satisfied with delays on the gain channels.

Congrats on the amp. I really enjoyed my rectoverb when I had one.

I have a series one rectoverb and the MXR CC. I put it through my effects loop and noticed no change in volume. I maxed out the effects level on the loop and had my mix on the pedal at around 2 oclock. It sounded awesome!!

I had the same issue with my Series II rectoverb with my carbon copy and any other delay that I put into it. I did the parallel to series effects loop mod and it really solved all of my problems.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=107909&highlight=#107909

this might be helpful, I actually bypassed the mix pot.

Latest posts

Back