Long had? Short head? Wide head? Fat head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camsna

Reaction score
I'm so confused. What is what? I've got a Mk III - Blue Stripe - Simul/Reverb/EQ combo. I'm selling the cab and having a headshell built.

What kind of 'head' is mine?

Sorry for the newb stuff. But sometimes the easiest stuff is what we learn last...

If it has the class a switch on the back it is a short head. If on the front it is a long head.

Oops i just saw you have a combo. That means it will be a short head when it is done.

is it always the case with mark iii that if the class switch is in the front it means it is a long head?

how longer is the long head? and how long is the short head?

and is the short head always a rackmount or did it come directly in a shell?

thanks

Sir Punk said:
is it always the case with mark iii that if the class switch is in the front it means it is a long head?

how longer is the long head? and how long is the short head?

and is the short head always a rackmount or did it come directly in a shell?

thanks
If a MKII or III has eight tone controls (not the GEQ) it's what mesa called a medium head, and they are 22 1/2" wide, they also were available with a 15" speaker combos with the nickname big brother. All coliseum/series 300 were medium sized.

The short head is about 18 3/4" wide and have seven tone controls.

The heads came in shells, not rackmount, though MKIV's could be ordered as rackmount, I have never heard that MKIII could be ordered as such. Someone fill in here.

[/quote]The heads came in shells, not rackmount, though MKIV's could be ordered as rackmount, I have never heard that MKIII could be ordered as such. Someone fill in here.[/quote]

I don't know about the MK III coming from the factory as a rackmount head. But I do have a rackmount kit from Mesa for my MK III. Very cool accessory!

Latest posts

Back