YES! edit: IT'S HERE AND IT SLAYS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a horrible story! i feel so bad for you man! but even worse for the seller because it seems like he's about to bite the bullet!

Man, that sucks! Like these guys said, just hold on and you'll get it soon enough. There's plenty Mark IVs out there, so I'm sure you'll find another one soon.

Like I said, if you have to buy used, and it's coming a good distance, you might want to think about the 2nd day air thing. Explain your bad experience and see if the guy will split the cost, if only to avoid the hassle of dealing with the shipping company.

Also, I heard if you put "GLASS" stickers in addition to the FRAGILE ones, they tend to be a bit more careful, but you never know.

Good luck Platy, and I'll keep a lookout locally for you.

I think I am going to puke....

That is the thing that makes me really leary of wanting to ever buy anything and have it shipped.

At least the guy is still being cool because it isn't your fault. Maybe once you get your $ back you can have better luck. Are you sure that your company hasn't pissed off the shipping companies? That is crazy bad luck to have 2 companies drop the ball like that in a row. It almost makes you wish that you had taken it the first time if it actually was in the still ok condition as he stated upon return to him. It just seems like something somewhere is not wanting you to have your tone.

I can honestly say that the things that I most recently bought through e-bay or CL have been things that I have gone to pick up myself. I just got a little sick of the dropped boxes and doorstep surprizes.

D, If I had the time and resources I would pick it up and drive it to you. Unfortunately I can't afford a trip to Chicago right now.

I think that insured Next Day Air might be the way to go next time. There is less handling this way. Between your amp and the Barney RK wreck it seems that they just have too much time on their hands or Vaseline or something. I got a Marshall via USPS Overnight from FL in absolutely perfect condition. I think it only cost twice the amount to ship that way but at least it arrived the way it left.

dang.

sorry thats happened, i've heard horror stories but this is just horrible. It makes me so leary of buying anything that i cant pickup myself. Especially so because i too am looking at a mkiv as a possible next amp.

Why does it seem that the nicest things are the hardest to get? That SUS-4 head would have been way cool. So would the Barney RK I suppose. I am wondering if that blue combo would get thrashed too. It would probably arrive with cone rub or something from getting dropped huh? It is too bad I don't know where my buddy is anymore because he would drive back to Chicago once a month. I could've gone to get that wheat grille and had it to you in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the offer Russ.. you're a great guy for offering but I don't think I'd feel comfortable troubling you. I found one or two on CL that I emailed sellers about. I am writing up packing instructions and I'm offering to pay whatever it costs to meet my expectations for packaging. If I find a willing seller, I'll send them the pictures of the amp I'm going to take tomorrow for this guy of the MarkIV killed before it's time.

I cannot really fathom why the tubes were not removed.. the pins were sticking out of the sockets and most fell off after I removed them :(

I guarantee that probably happened the first time and it worked because they were snug in the sockets. That's EXACTLY what I was afraid of.. this is definitely a blessing in disguise. Now I can get the B head I wanted the first time around, I can make the sale of the amp contingent on my shipping expectations, and I never sold my DR so it was a tad of a strain financially to be in limbo anyway. The DR was sold but the guy backed out at the last second.. this was not meant to be it seems :)

Anyway, apologies for the dramatic posts above.. literally posted seconds after seeing the damage and it tweaked me a bit to see it like that.

I just thought of something else... Try firing the amp up with known good tubes. If the chassis is still good then maybe just file a claim for repair. I can send you a head cabinet cheap. I'll even let you choose old school or B style. This way you will at least have something you can play in the meantime. Then sell it if you decide to in order to get the B that you want if the A isn't enough for you. Again, I am more than content with my A. How's the tank and the fan? I think if anything the tank might have had the springs jump but you can reconnect them most of the time. The fans are pretty heavy duty so it should be fine. Let me know what you think. I could have that sucker shipped out pretty fast. With the lighter weight and no real breakable parts other than the cabinet itself I think it might survive.

I appreciate the offer Russ but I think I'm playing with metal in a lightning storm if I continue down the path with this amp. The tube sockets are all unsoldered from the board it seems, 2 of them are easily moveable, one is a bit harder and one is firm. I just want to wash my hands of this and go with what my gut says to do. I feel like too many bad things have happened with this amp for me to even want it anymore anyway :\

I am just going to be more firm in what I want and go with it this time.. the A always felt like a compromise when I didn't know it was destroyed even. I should go with what I want now that I have time to find one since I didn't sell my DR.

Hey, even idiots get something right once in a while... :lol:

I'm pretty sure when Boogie sends amps out to retailers the tubes are in the sockets, however they put that protective sheath (plastic) around the power tubes. Is that how you guys would ship an amp, or would you remove the tubes?

I would individually bubblewrap them then make a ball of them in bubblewrap big enough to ride safely inside the amp cab. Then tape it in place or send them in a separate box that has them inside bubblewrapping the tubes inside peanut packing.

usually when I ship my amps, I bubble wrap the hell outta the tubes. (with the big bubble bubble wrap) tape that so it wont open up, then put them inside the head cabinet, then stuff the remainder of the space in the head cab with bubble wrap, then wrap the hell outta the amp, put it inside its original box, then tape that shut, put it inside another box thats got like 2-3 inches of space on each side, and fill it with packing peanuts. tape it shut, and scrawl fragile and glass all over the outside. I've always done it that way and have never had a problem

Got my refund this morning (- 30 bucks paypal rape charge :roll: ) and the package is going back today.. looks like this story is coming to an end :\

Platypus said:
Got my refund this morning (- 30 bucks paypal rape charge :roll: ) and the package is going back today.. looks like this story is coming to an end :\

don't worry man. you'll find one eventually. i've been trying to get a mkiv for like two years and the closest i've gotten is my current mkiii

Wow, Platypus. i am really sorry to hear about this whole mess. i just read through the thread now and this is just insane. i hate shipping companies so much.

not that it is anywhere close to being on the same level, but i ordered a gator double guitar case last week from musiciansfriend.com shipped via UPS and when i got the box inside it had some sweet dents/holes on it PLUS the tape looks like it was all jacked up. i opened it up and took out the case and there was already a small rip on the case's tolex plus some other crap. i hate shipping companies.

Thanks guys

BTW I found one I think.. not going to post details yet until it's 100% but I'm very excited about it :)

rabies said:
Platypus said:
Thanks guys

BTW I found one I think.. not going to post details yet until it's 100% but I'm very excited about it :)

You doing a local pickup or DHL this time. Running out of options (private jet).

Not sure yet... btw check your PM :?

mesa_mkiv.jpg

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

'B' will be in my hands Thursday!
This guy is just awesome, I feel like I deserve someone like him after all the utter bullshit I've been through. This thing is an '05 too according to Mesa!!

This guy spent 10 minutes with me on the phone just describing how he packed it and another 10 just shooting the **** about the amp and our shipping experiences. The 'A' was a blessing in disguise, this 'B' is gonna be legendary.

Looks so &*$*% good with my Ace too!!!!

Latest posts

Back