YES! edit: IT'S HERE AND IT SLAYS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:roll: I just took the Roadster head that I sold on Ebay to the UPS Store. I figured that the Heartbreaker was a good sign for me to have UPS pack it up personally.

The idiots there wanted to use peanuts in the same box as the head. I made them bubble wrap the head, box it, and then place it in another box with peanuts all around the original box.

They specifically told me that the insurance will not cover any shipment if there is no actual damage to the box. If anybody's amp is damaged by "Vibration," as they called it, the insurance is not going to cover it.

It is my opinion that if this amp is damaged by "Vibration," that it is most likely a warranty issue. BUT, on the other hand, they shouldn't be throwing our **** around like it was a sack of trash.

I have personally seen the UPS depot here throw something that I just paid to have shipped.

I have also seen things roll off of their conveyor because they threw it on too hard and it slid off the other side.

Nobody's perfect, but Rabies, you must have the most gentle UPS guys around. I've shipped about 20 amps through them because there is no Fed Ex depot here, only a Mailbox place that adds a hefty surcharge. I have only had 1 get damaged. They paid for it, but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. They blamed me at 1st, until I started ranting about having shipped many, many amps. Then the guy levelled with me and said that he was a guitarist too, and that he had had things damaged by the company that he works for....lucky me I guess.

I still use them, but from now on, they will pack any heavy amp that I ship and I will watch them like a hawk. This way, they are liable for any damage that occurs and I actually have a physical person that I can confront if needed.

Well he called me Wed saying he got it back and it looked perfect but the power was out in his city so he couldn't test the amp just yet.. was supposed to call me yesterday if the power came back, now it's friday and no call :\

He definetly does NOT seem like the kind of guy who would do that but you never know.

I'm going to give him a call tonight and ask him for an update. He gave me his home # and seems like a geniune guy on the phone.. will update.

edit:
http://baltimore.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2007/02/12/daily49.html

You know, I was just thinking something. Although it is seeming like a real hassle just to get the amp, it will just be that more sweet once you do get it. I mean, I waited a while to get mine. I played one originally back in the early 90's. I finally got my own last year. It hasn't changed the way that I view the amp. I still love the hell out of it. Let's just hope that the amp can make its way back to you safely.

Everything is A-OK on the amp and all tubes.. he even sent it saturday pickup FedEx this time around so I'll probably get it Monday :)

Hell yeah!!!!

Now that you have really had to earn it, I bet you will appreciate it even more, just like Russ said.

Glad to hear that things will work out.

I have a Studio 22+ that I just got off of ebay. Can't wait for it to get here.

Platypus said:
Everything is A-OK on the amp and all tubes.. he even sent it saturday pickup FedEx this time around so I'll probably get it Monday :)

Patiently awaiting delivery and reaction to new amp...

Monsta-Tone said:
Hell yeah!!!!

Now that you have really had to earn it, I bet you will appreciate it even more, just like Russ said.

Glad to hear that things will work out.

I'll second...err third that!

That breaks my heart just to look at, I'm sorry you weren't as fortunate(if you can even call it that) with UPS :(

Don't let up on UPS...your packaging will speak for itself hopefully :cry:

It saddens my heart to see such a nice amp come to such a hell of a ride. It looks as if Barney really sat on it now... I know that might not have been the sympathetic reply warranted but I thought it would help lighten the moment. Stick it to those inconsiderate bastards... I am sure that if it was their amp being delivered that they would not treat it the same way. I think that you should at least be able to get a new head cab and tubes for the guy when everything shakes down.

Here's an idea: What with all these UPS "stores" popping up on every corner. What if you had a document, which you could insist that the person actually packing the amp place their autograph, along with their supervisor's signature and time and date and wheather or not it was raining, snowing or sunny outside, while you capture digital images (30fps) of the entire procedure(if there is one) that would state the amp is in perfect condition upon your delivery of such amp to the "store" for shipping? Or maybe try DHL ground. Then have a beer and a smoke :roll: :roll:

I think that they should just have better QC and hold their employees personally liable for any damages that they create. Those guys in "brown" make decent money.

That thing looks to have takena serious spill because you can drop them off the back of a truck rolling down the road and they wont split the corner leather like that. That looks more like serious PSI (box got smashed between truck and loading dock or other large immobile) or instant extreme G shifting, ie. high velocity to instant stop (fell out of airplane in flight). Man, I hope they take care of you guys.

I have made them pack the stuff in my last few shipments just because of history. They still managed to screw up some vintage Alnicos that only were in their care for 2 days. USPS on the other hand managed to take a pair all the way to Sweden without a hitch and that took about a week including the stop in Customs.

GOD FCKJDSFSDJKJWERK DAMMIT.

Box came today in horrible shape... bent and busted at the seams.. the EL34's were toast (one was smashed, dunno about the other 3). Preamp tube was busted.

It feels like not just the 6L6's themselves, but the sockets they're in are loose themselves.. I pulled two 6L6's out and two of the silver pins and the middle glass piece came out of them when I took them out.. all the preamp tubes were bent in weird directions though I pushed them back in and they look ok.

I'm worried about firing this thing up to be honest.. not sure what I'm going to do at this point but this whole fvcking thing has been a nightmare.

****, i would sue UPS.
Second time and they **** it up again.....

BTW, why can't UPS deliver something in good shape?

Just received an Ibanez Neck from Topeka KS, and it survived a trip to Holland with USPS and TNT Post Group(TPG). UPS must suck big time if USPS and TNT bring a package without a scrath to Holland.

And another one bites the dust. Its sad when a this Boogie is busted by UPS....

I talked to the seller, he said he would issue me a refund tonight, he's been very nice about this and you can tell genuninely feels bad about what happened and wants to make it right. I am going to take some pics tomorrow and I'll post them for you all as an example of how to NEVER FVCKING PACK AN AMP.

He wants me to ship it back anyway I can. I wouldn't feel right sending it back in the same box he shipped it in so I'm going to go out of my way to make sure this is packed PROPERLY this time when it gets back to him.. it will cost me a bit I imagine but I get a deal through DHL through work so I'll just do that. I wouldn't feel right not doing this.. I realize I'm going to be out some money but I mean, I'd rather be out that then integrity, money is replaceable.

I found a crack in the corner as well where the seam was, the tolex is coming up a bit and it looks broken. The tolex on the inside of the head itself was jacked up too. The chassis is loose within the headcab, all of the 6L6's were broken though not from first glance, only when I pulled them out of the sockets did multiple pins and pieces of plastic come out with them. The preamp tubes seemed to have survived the trip.

This was FedEx too, I swear to god when you guys see this box you'll just freak out.

So now I'm stuck.. my DR still hasn't sold and there are no markIVB short heads on ebay which is what I really wanted. I am so upset right now my stomach hurts thinking about this..

Kind of neat reading through all the original typewriter typed documentation though.. gotta find a silver lining somewhere eh?

Platypus said:
I talked to the seller, he said he would issue me a refund tonight, he's been very nice about this and you can tell genuninely feels bad about what happened and wants to make it right. I am going to take some pics tomorrow and I'll post them for you all as an example of how to NEVER FVCKING PACK AN AMP.

He wants me to ship it back anyway I can. I wouldn't feel right sending it back in the same box he shipped it in so I'm going to go out of my way to make sure this is packed PROPERLY this time when it gets back to him.. it will cost me a bit I imagine but I get a deal through DHL through work so I'll just do that. I wouldn't feel right not doing this.. I realize I'm going to be out some money but I mean, I'd rather be out that then integrity, money is replaceable.

I found a crack in the corner as well where the seam was, the tolex is coming up a bit and it looks broken. The tolex on the inside of the head itself was jacked up too. The chassis is loose within the headcab, all of the 6L6's were broken though not from first glance, only when I pulled them out of the sockets did multiple pins and pieces of plastic come out with them. The preamp tubes seemed to have survived the trip.

This was FedEx too, I swear to god when you guys see this box you'll just freak out.

So now I'm stuck.. my DR still hasn't sold and there are no markIVB short heads on ebay which is what I really wanted. I am so upset right now my stomach hurts thinking about this..

Kind of neat reading through all the original typewriter typed documentation though.. gotta find a silver lining somewhere eh?

Be patient my friend, your IVB will appear eventually . Sorry to hear about the horror story concerning the delivery . Im picking up a Deuce stage II on Saturday. I defered having it shipped . Im going to a guitar show Saturday morning and then over to Atlanta to pick up the Deuce . Its still brand new in the box . Did you see the Andy Timmons giveaway contest on the Mesa site last september ? This is the guy who won it . He sold all of it . The Stiletto, LSC head,4X12 recto cab & is going to sell the Timmons Ibanez guitar . hang in there you will get your Mark amp eventually .

I've waited so long (a month now... at least 3 months of looking before deciding to make the plunge) that it just doesn't even matter anymore.. it obviously wasn't meant to be. I cant afford a new one else I would just buy one and wait my turn.

Latest posts

Back