YES! edit: IT'S HERE AND IT SLAYS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, possum, i've never eat that . . .

but capivara, javali (wild boar) and gambá (yah, the one lil black animal with a white stripe on the back that has the terrible fart in the wild, that have on a French Cartoon (or he is a French, something like that . . .) are really delicious . . . talking this way seems horrible, but all of 'em are great and exotic meats . . .

and yes, not to say crocs, snakes and turtles, also wonderfull dishes . . . 8)

but yes, the Mark IV is outstanding also!! :lol:

rabies said:
Vigo1999 said:
no, possum, i've never eat that . . .

but capivara, javali (wild boar) and gambá (yah, the one lil black animal with a white stripe on the back that has the terrible fart in the wild, that have on a French Cartoon (or he is a French, something like that . . .) are really delicious . . . talking this way seems horrible, but all of 'em are great and exotic meats . . .

and yes, not to say crocs, snakes and turtles, also wonderfull dishes . . . 8)

but yes, the Mark IV is outstanding also!! :lol:

Yeah you live near the Amazon basin. How bout the black caiman? I read about that in a book on an ethnobotanist's (Mark Plotkin) travels in the Amazon area (I think it was Ecuador or Guyana). I'm sure those 20-30 ft long alligators would love to eat a Mark IV for breakfast.

sorry bro, but your geography is a lil out . . . Rio is close to Amazon as Seattle is from Miami . . . im about 4000 miles away from Amazon . . . remember, Brazil is almost the same size of USA . . . in fact, if you count only the lower 48 we're the same size . . . 8)

but yes, i know this guy, i've watched some of their TV shows on Nat Geo channell, their programs are really amazing (or Amazon is amazing?? :wink:

and no, ive never had black caiman (well, not that i know :lol: ) . . . but in the amazon do have a large quantity strange of animals that the local people eat . . . sometimes i go to some exotic restaurants here in Rio to have some different meals . . .

tkcr. :)

Restless Rocks said:
Sorry, that was a fly by I guess. Refer to Fusionista's experience with the buzzing C-90's and Mesa's explanation.
Boogie Babies you have got to try deep fried possum tail with hausradish sauce!!!

I'll stick with pulled pork BBQ with western NC style sauce.
I had some killer BBQ in Rocky Mount, but the sauce was like straight vinegar.

Platypus said:
lol this thread took a turn :D

One more interesting fact I just learned.. this guy custom ordered a shock mount system inside the head when he got it new from Mesa in 91! 8)

how long till you get it..?

Shock mounts are Good..

I swear to god I'm not supposed to have this amplifier... UPS fucked it up royally enough for my company to refuse delivery so now I don't even know what's going on and I'm about to freak out.....

what else could possibly go wrong with this purchase, I'm tempting fate asking because I just want to know how much more fucked this can get.

Got a call from shipping desk... apparently the entire side of the box is missing, the address is missing, all the peanuts that were in the box are gone and UPS haphazardly taped the side up with packing tape.

How does a company like UPS stay in business.. it blows my mind they would even try to deliver this.

So now I have the option of receiving it and waiving my rights or having it shipped back.

Sorry to hear that, Platy. Hope everything works out and doesn't take too long. Did you see the damage? I paid $50 extra to have mine shipped 2 day air. Less handling that way.

No my company refused it, I'm out of the office this week so I had no say in it. I'm on the phone with UPS. I demanded they bring the package to my home address and let me plug it in to test it out and open the box to make sure the contents were all ok. I also made them state that the package was delivered in this condition and I am not waiving my rights to ship it back as planned for an insurance claim to be made by him.

Still on hold, they're saying this should be ok but I'm just sick to my stomach over this.. I can't go through all this hassle again :(

I'm not going to dick the seller over but I mean.. what if the amp is totally screwed when it gets back to him? This was a diamond in the rough find here, extremely rare indeed, and now it's possibly destroyed because some mouthbreather at UPS doesn't make high enough wages to give a sh!t about his job.

I could have strangled the woman who called me back from UPS, she was such a ***** it was unreal. She was so cold, didn't even care about the contents of the package, and then after I demanded it gets repackaged before they ship it back to him, she made it sound like I asked her to hand carry it on her back, back to the shipper. Who knows if they even will.

I sent the seller an email telling him I'm going to hold off on doing anything until I hear from him. I realize I will be fine in the end, I'll get my refund if it's damaged, etc, but what a waste. What a waste of an exceptional find and what a waste of my time as now I have to go through all this bullsh!t again trying to find a new mark head. It's almost not even worth it at this point, I'm definetly not supposed to have this amplifier apparently.

I agree 100% on the crappy service of UPS. The company I work for deals with UPS shipments on a daily basis and I can tell you that the shipments of returned computers and VERY expensive digital imaging equipement that we recieve every day come back in HORRIBLE condition. The boxes look like they have been dragged behind the UPS truck, not hauled inside of it (dirty, holes torn in the boxes, squashed boxes, etc.) Every day I see the UPS guys come in here and literally throw $5000+ dye-sublimation printers arround like they were trash bags. To top it off, many of our shipments are next day air and business class, which is "supposed" to be better than standard shipping. Yeah, right... We also recieve shipments from FedEX and DHL and both companies bring us packages in MUCH better condition than UPS. Working here, and through personal experiences with UPS, I have lost ALL faith in UPS handling. I prefer FedEX or USPS personally, but NEVER SHIP ANYTHING OF VALUE WITHOUT FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE. You're 100% right on about the shipping guys. The UPS guys just don't care about the packages. They toss them arround like nothing and don't even bother to notice that the box is covered with FRAGILE stickers. At my last job we ordered replacement Dell PC's for everyone in the office and when the UPS guy delivered them, I watched him literally throw them out of the truck. I nearly pissed myself. I mean a big heavy box with DELL on it is quite obviously not going to be filled with blankets or pillows. When I asked the guy if he'd be more careful with our $1000 computer boxes, he told be that he's got a schedule to keep. I wanted to kick that guy square in the nuts. It didn't dawn on me until later that I should have gotten the truck number and reported that jerk to UPS. Anyway, my first choice for gear is local pickup. Then I know it's getting home safe.

If there'd been a local pickup for a MarkIV head I would have done it, I resorted to ebay as a last ditch attempt to get one and UPS fucked me on it. I wish the seller would have consulted me before shipping UPS, they're the worst company in shipping I've ever seen. At my job we receive thousands of dollars worth of computer hardware and parts all the time and 99% of the time, the boxes look like they were used as a golf ball.

Thanks, I'm sure the amp is fine but it's a risk I'm not going to take to accept the package as is.

I gave him my # and told him to call me, I'll explain how I want it packed this time and to use another courier than UPS, my days using that abortion of a company are over.

Plat,

As a seller, the package needs to be able to withstand a nuke. I have shipped amps all over the USA and Canada without a problem.
This makes me think that it was improperly packaged and UPS is going to deny any claim. This is how they get out of everything. I have been through too many claims with my company to even bother anymore.
Let them ship it back to the seller. It's his responsibilty to make sure it went out with full armor. I am sorry, but if you do not back out now, you may be the one who gets screwed.

I don't want to accept anything that is damaged at all, just not safe or something I want to go through the hassle of doing. He insured the package through UPS so he'll have to file a claim with them if the amp is damaged and he'll have to refund my money if that's the case.

Worst case I bought it with a CC with fraud/dispute protection and I just get the charge removed. I highly doubt it would ever come to that, the seller will just have to deal with whichever situation presents itself to him. If the amp is like it was in the ebay auction originally condition wise then I'll take it, if not then I get my $ back and he files with UPS.

Man that really sucks! Time we all boycott UPS. Here's my buddies horror story. A few years ago my freind waited 5 months for a brand new Tremoverb. Put out extra for the black suede leather and gold grill. I should have been a beauty. When he received it off the UPS truck the box looked fine but when he opened it he found every single tube smashed to bits. Apparently they had used it in the company lettuce toss contest cos even the chassis mount screws were sheared off and the circuit board was pulled off the standoff mounts. Mesa was very distressed of course and promptly sent him a full set of new tubes. But because he accepted delivery without inspecting the contents UPS got off scott free. I was able to straighten out the bent chassis, repair the cracked circuit board and replace the mounting screws but needless to say the amp from then on was plagued with gremlins. Later in the repair I found that one of the nine pin sockets had failed to take the solder bath and was intermittent. He was heart broken and could never embrace that killer amp as his own. It was not the brand new pristene baby he had waited 5 months to be born as his very own. It may well be worth the money to buy a padded ATA case and ship it to the seller. Or better yet just buy the gas and go get it.

Restless Rocks said:
Man that really sucks! Time we all boycott UPS. Here's my buddies horror story. A few years ago my freind waited 5 months for a brand new Tremoverb. Put out extra for the black suede leather and gold grill. I should have been a beauty. When he received it off the UPS truck the box looked fine but when he opened it he found every single tube smashed to bits. Apparently they had used it in the company lettuce toss contest cos even the chassis mount screws were sheared off and the circuit board was pulled off the standoff mounts. Mesa was very distressed of course and promptly sent him a full set of new tubes. But because he accepted delivery without inspecting the contents UPS got off scott free. I was able to straighten out the bent chassis, repair the cracked circuit board and replace the mounting screws but needless to say the amp from then on was plagued with gremlins. Later in the repair I found that one of the nine pin sockets had failed to take the solder bath and was intermittent. He was heart broken and could never embrace that killer amp as his own. It was not the brand new pristene baby he had waited 5 months to be born as his very own. It may well be worth the money to buy a padded ATA case and ship it to the seller. Or better yet just buy the gas and go get it.

I hear you, but I just don't have the time to go and drive across the country for this one in particular. I work 60+ hour weeks sometimes. There has to be a way Mesa sends them out daily and they survive.

A friend of mine works at UPS and tells me stories about how they throw/kick boxes into the back of the trucks regaurdless of the size, shape, or any fragile notes. pretty lame.

sorry to hear about all that trouble...thats gotta be a pain. Hopefully in the end you will end up with a great amp though :)

Latest posts

Back