YES! edit: IT'S HERE AND IT SLAYS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a small note..

why is he selling this with a quad of Mesa EL34's? He said the amp comes with the 6L6's but why would he have 4 EL34s? Can the Mark even run EL34's safely? I know the outside pair can be from reading around but if he used 4 inside it would that be unsafe?

maybe if you used EL34's in the outside positions and ran Class A all the time you would need a second pair to replace the first ones after awhile?

Yeah I bet those are awesome if they're from 91.

And the 6L6's barely have any play time on them so they're practically 'new' too.

I think either way A or B it is a find. Besides, you haven't even played it yet. Give the A a chance. You might like it better. For that matter, what if it is a B? Or did you find out it was an A for sure? I could put mine in the B cabinet that I have and noone would know the difference until they saw the back. As far as shredability goes, that is in your hands man...

There too, like you said, if you don't like it, you can go get a B later. They aren't making the A any more.

The extra tubes I would just consider as being just that... extra. The EL34s can be run in the outer pair if you want or even in another amp that will accept them if necessary.

If those 6L6's are the 420's you are gonna love em...

I might put two in my Ace for grins to see if they change the tone for the better. I wonder how old they are? Russ, is it possible the seller put all 4 in at once? It seems like if he wanted to use EL34's he'd just get a matched pair instead of a quad.

He probably bought the quad thinking that he would want to run a pair of each 6L6's and EL34's. If you have 2 matched quads then the tubes will effectively last longer because you can swap in the one type fresh pair when one of the same type pair goes bad. Then you use the good one of the bad pair of that type as your back up spare for the good pair of the same type in there. Hopefully you get lucky and have enough life left in the second pair survivor to be able to play for a while until you can get a new quad and start over for that type. Same would go for the other type if you are using the integrated quad.

Dude your amp it wonderful..i played mine last night thought a mesa dual recto straight trad Cab 4x12 with my amp on 70 watts ( simli+tri) Volume on master 3.5...AND DUDE...

the most beautiful sweet lead sound i have EVER heard came from that box...

I mean amazing..

it's really something else...

Vigo1999 said:
Platypus said:
f%&# it's an A :(

Look out for the relist guys.. it's going back up :(

Hey Platypus, if you'll be getting rid of her, maybe you have a buyer here . . . 8)

I would without a doubt offer this gem up to my fellow boogie boarders if I do intend to get rid of it. I'm just elated to have a markIV in my possession now. I don't think I'll find any faults with it considering it's cherry but if I ever decide to off it, you all would get first crack before the vultures on ebay ever would!

I say keep it for awhile to get the feel of it. You can always get rid of it in favor of a B version. See if you can take it to the store and compare it through the same cab, then make your decision.

Until then, rock it baby!!! :D

I plan on rocking it quite hard for a while before I make any decisions, I have the luxury of time now and finally an A to play and compare with.

don't start with prejudices about your A version. I think the differences with a B are subtle... just take the time to have it dialed in right.
Good luck!

I know I know, I'm very OCD about my music/tone.. maybe that's why I have an OCD pedal :D :?:

Tell me about it. I'm OCD about everything. My wife calls me "Monk".

Anyway, you can always get some high gain tubes to bump it up if it's not enough for you.

I don't think the gain will be an issue from what I've been reading... too much gain = mush anyway.

'A' users have told me they've gotten more than enough metal/shred out of it so I'm not concerned.

When will it arrive?

@rabie: Yeas, Metallica used the A version. There simply was no B in 90/91.

I own a april '92 A model and it will never leave me.
Its in perfect condition too(has been in a rack for years).

Platypus said:
Vigo1999 said:
Platypus said:
f%&# it's an A :(

Look out for the relist guys.. it's going back up :(

Hey Platypus, if you'll be getting rid of her, maybe you have a buyer here . . . 8)

I would without a doubt offer this gem up to my fellow boogie boarders if I do intend to get rid of it. I'm just elated to have a markIV in my possession now. I don't think I'll find any faults with it considering it's cherry but if I ever decide to off it, you all would get first crack before the vultures on ebay ever would!

oh, cool my man, just cool!! 8)

AART said:
When will it arrive?

@rabie: Yeas, Metallica used the A version. There simply was no B in 90/91.

The Black album was recorded when there only was the A.

When will it arrive?

Latest posts

Back