Who is your favourite rapper?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaero

Reaction score
Hehe.

My fav is lil wayne. dre, and maybe andre nickatina. Obviously Tupac as well.

I like Run-DMC, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Gang Starr, Wu Tang....mostly old skool...

Public Enemy and ATCQ are pretty good too. I also really like Immortal Technique (kinda similar style to Public Enemy)

For all you old fogeys out there would probably understand my choice.

Bob Dylan, listen to the lyric "Like A Rolling Stone".

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didnt you?

Peopled call, say, beware doll, youre bound to fall
You thought they were all kiddin you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hangin out
Now you dont talk so loud
Now you dont seem so proud
About having to be scrounging for your next meal.

... ♪

David Bromberg .

Bullfrog blues .
I will not be you fool .

Quant suff.

I'm with eldi, 'cept for the last two, but plus some slick rick. And snoop dogs first album is good.

infinately superior to all those would be kool keith aka dr octagon aka dr doom and so on...but all these guys are tight as well: nujabes, slug (atmoshpere), sage francis, cage, most of the wu, mos def,

Melle Mel of Grandmaster Flash & The Furius Five- 1982's "The Message".

"An inspiration for the imitation of his innovation." :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's that for a rhymin' redneck????

JOEY B. said:
Melle Mel of Grandmaster Flash & The Furius Five- 1982's "The Message".

"An inspiration for the imitation of his innovation." :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's that for a rhymin' redneck????
...I'm spillin' my beer!!!"Don't push me cuz I'm close to da eddddggeee.."..yes, I am old enuff to remember this...
does that make us "old skoool"?????

lesterpaul said:
..yes, I am old enuff to remember this...
does that make us "old skoool"?????
I remember that stuff, too. That makes us SO old skool that it only had one room for ALL the classes AND grades, and our renunions are just to find out who's died and who's still alive!

Camsna, you're included here, too.

i don't get into rap too much these days but i always dig the classic stuff (from sugarhill gang to run dmc to snoop, tupac and dre... can't forget some of those easy e cuts... oh and early outkast as well) but as far as more modern stuff it's blackalicious, zach de larocha, and of course the party favorite tech nine... that guy can make just about anything flow...

dylan7620 said:
, and of course the party favorite tech nine... that guy can make just about anything flow...

Tech N9NE KC Represent!......lol!

Speaking of rappers from KC, "Deep Thinkers" is worth checking into:

http://www.myspace.com/deepthinkers

the Roots
Spearhead
Mos Def
MIA
Lady Soverign
Soul Eye - solo artist guests on BassNectar albums among others
Apostle - Heavy weight Dub Champions
Blackalicious
Fugees
KRS

In my opinion, rap music in the late 1970's through the late 1980's was about people trying to get a message across. After that, when this music became more mainstream, someting was lost. It was more about artists jumping on the "bandwagon" of success. The digital sampling took out the need for any mixing talent, as well. I am not a big rap fan, but I respect someone taking a chance on a new idea. I HATE the '90s grunge rock, but I repect the pioneers of that movement for their idealology. :D

Woah, interesting responses.

I like a few: Pharoahe Monch, Lady Sov (although she's technically more like grime), and Andre Nickatina (Bay Area!!)

My roommate listens to a lot of hip hop, so it soaks into my consciousness by osmosis.. but I'm always rockin' the metal any chance I get.

Back