Post your rig - part 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark IIB Aaaahhh...
boogie.jpg
All these Recfifiers pictured, and the original Boogie!

Just got a Mather 2x12 cab used, loaded with Purple Haze and Winterland Tone Tubbies. Sarno Revelation preamp, ART SLA-2 (overkill, got it cheap) and an old Midiverb 2. Sounds best with my Tele.

Attachments

• PXL_20240315_224707877.jpg
    PXL_20240315_224707877.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 0
What are your thoughts on the stealth compared to the JP2C ?
I think the Stealth is one of the best bangs-for-the-bucks today. I think the cleans are OK, but the Blue channel is just fantastic. Red channel is, of course, standard EVH/Peavey "all the gains", but the Blue is really something special. It's very bluesy, it's Marshall-y, it's Soldano-y -- just magnificent for the money. I actually almost always run Blue in conjunction with channels 2 or 3 on the JP2C. The JP2C forms the core of my tone while the Blue channel fills it out so perfectly.

I did recently get a Ceriatone King Kong 100 with the Molecular voicing in Ch. 2, and it's also a fabulous amp. It's certainly a bit different than the Stealth or the JP2C, which is good, that was the point of the purchase. But I do recommend the Stealth for sure!

20240625_001510.jpg

Eh, my camera is terrible... The Mark V 90W is the heart of this 3-amp, 5-speaker, 9-mic stereo wet/dry/wet rig. Mark V FX send -> EQ, signal splits & sends one to the V3 return for the dry center channel, driving the 1x10 on the right. The other side of the split goes to mods/delay/reverb/etc, becoming stereo. L to Mk V return, R to Line 6 return, driving the 4x12's in vertical pairs.

I think the Stealth is one of the best bangs-for-the-bucks today. I think the cleans are OK, but the Blue channel is just fantastic. Red channel is, of course, standard EVH/Peavey "all the gains", but the Blue is really something special. It's very bluesy, it's Marshall-y, it's Soldano-y -- just magnificent for the money. I actually almost always run Blue in conjunction with channels 2 or 3 on the JP2C. The JP2C forms the core of my tone while the Blue channel fills it out so perfectly.

I did recently get a Ceriatone King Kong 100 with the Molecular voicing in Ch. 2, and it's also a fabulous amp. It's certainly a bit different than the Stealth or the JP2C, which is good, that was the point of the purchase. But I do recommend the Stealth for sure!
Hey man, thanks for the reply!
Very interesting !
I had the EVH 5150 50W 6L6 that I sold ... wanted to buy the Stealth and went to a store to play it ... and I did'nt like the blue channel at all ! I much preferred the blue channel on the regular 6L6 model.
The stealth blue was cold, thin and super close in character to the Stealth red channel. The blue on the regular 6L6 is fatter, warmer and dynamic ... and very different to the red channel.
So I want a Stealth for its looks, but with the standard 6L6 blue channel lol

added another cab :) I thnink I will probably move the Friedman 2x12, great sounding cab, but I don't need 2 V30 cabs
not pictured is my Splawn 2X12 which I just gigged this weekend
all 3 cabs.jpg

with Splawn cab.jpg

Latest posts

Back