Where is the best place to buy cases to protect your gear?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialparasite

Reaction score
I will be gigging soon so i naturally will be toking my crap along from place to place and things happen. Yes i already know mesa is built very strong blah blah but i am not rich and want to respect my mesa gear. I think i will get a case for the head and a case for the cab. Anyone know of some cheap places to get these? recommendations?

http://www.rockhardcases.com

Not cheap, but VERY high quality, plus they do custom work if you like. I use the stock slip covers on my cabs to protect the tolex as the cab cases cost nearly as much as the cabs themselves, but the head and rack cases are definately a good investment to protect your more fragile and pricey pieces of gear.

If you want to buy a cheap case, then you are doing the same thing as carrying the amp around with no case. Spend the money and get a good case! Cheap cases don't take beatings to well. I worked for a production lighting and sound company for the past 13 years, I have seen a lot of cases get destroyed, just by getting knocked off the back of a truck. I'm not sure where you are located, but there are a lot of good case companies out there. In Chicago we used R&R cases, they are extremely well built and used buy a lot of major touring acts and companies. Just look at the construction of the cases, look for cases made from high ply Baltic birch or equally strong types of wood. Also looks at how they attach the hardware, I prefer riveted hardware, not stapled. And ALWAYS, get good casters for your cases, there is nothing worse then having to push as case with shitty casters. Also don't be afraid to ask the company what kind of guarantee the give as to what there cases can handle.

I own this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/G212/

I use it for my LSC and it works wonderfully!

Mine came with top rails so the amp sits right on it!

However, it will add about 15 lbs and a bit of awkwardness.

But it has wheels.

If your looking for foam soft covers and are only gigging occasionally, you might want to look at Tuki Covers. www.tukicovers.com

I use them on my amps and they are good lightweight alternative for hard cases. Now, if your going out on the road and are going to depend on your amp for a living, get the best hard cases that you can afford. Go for the quality.

Latest posts

Back