Need urgent help with Mk V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
O.K. Just got the Mk V head, My first boogie @65 played about 1 hour with it, completely overwhelmed by the possibilities, almost scared.
Short term, I have band practice in two days and need to have 1 good crunch "classic rock" 60's 70'S tone that responds to guitar volume and pick dynamics
Also need to approach Carlos Santana tones, Think BLack magic woman, Oyé como va etc.

I have access to 1 x12 open cab loaded with a TOne tubby RED ; 1 2x12 closed back with creambacks and on 4 x 12 Marshall V30'S

IF anyone can suggest settings I can start with please do !
I am lost here !

CLaude

What model V? 90, 25 or 35W if it is a 90W I would suggest trying Ch 2 Mark 1 voicing. Personally I wouldn't use the v30s for the Carlos tone.
IT is the 90W version, I think I can get in the Carlos tones on CHannel 2 MK 1 mode with a tone tubby, but I find this amp very difficult to dial in... Maybe not hte best move for me...

Last edited:
Yes, that would be the best place to start. The V:90 can be initially overwhelming with all of the options.

I'd suggest looking at the manual and the sample settings they provide pgs 44-46. The "Fat Lady and All Blues" settings will provide some Mark I specifics. If you want a bit more sag, try 45W and the Tube selection (rear panel) or 10W. I wouldn't start with 90W. Also start with the EQ off when you dial it in.

Latest posts

Back