Post your Mark V photos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20231026_172127.jpg

My Mark V mini stack.

It may not be a Mark V but it does have a V in its model number, VII
When I got the first one, of course I had to compare it to the Mark V and the JP2C. Having to deal with all of the footswitches was a pain. So instead of this, I went to something else.

20230805_112250.jpg

There are two Mark VII in the image. When I am willing, I will run all 4 amps at the same time. Mostly will just run the pair of Marks. The badge on the one on the left, that faceplate I bought for the JP2C, since it fit the other amp, why not use it?

20240310_215123.jpg

Unfortunate my Mark V took a nosedive and stopped working so it went to the back room to be delt with at some other time. Perhaps next time I am on Vacation and have plenty of free time at my disposal.

It would be Mesa v30s :cool:
Thank you. I am lead to believe the Mesa V30's are better than regular V30's.
Even though my settings are awful to folks on here I can say that this Mesa Boogie Mark Five head and Mesa Boogie Vertical 2X12 cab sound so good to me that I put one of my best Marshall amps on a vacation, and "I'm a Marshall guy" for sure.
At home I have the Mesa Boogie Mark Five 1X12 combo Variac mode with EL34's with a Mesa Boogie Vertical 2X12 cab, and you can bet that rig sounds great.
I've got it up against a Marshall JVM410H and a Marshall 2X12 cab, and that says a lot for my Mesa Boogie rigs.
They sound fantastic.

I believe that is actually true IMHO :)

Man how is that combo sounding????
I love the tone. It’s sounds great and is a nice change of pace from the other 2 2x12 verticals.

The tan leather strap and corners look great with the blue and it goes well with the wicker grills. Curious if the wicker grill makes a difference compared to the tan Jute.
There definitely seems like a volume drop when I switch to this cab. Not sure if it’s the new front or the new speakers. Either way, it sounds great.

There was a different V30 used a decade ago, it was the 70W version, I did not care much for those. I much prefer the 60W version. Mesa worked with Celestion to revoice the speaker, someone said it was more of the original design before they changed it to 70W. Not sure. You can only get those speakers from Mesa as the others are not made in the UK and will have a different voice coil. They will sound close but not quite the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back