VoodooMan Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shutts said:
USPS says it has left PORTLAND yesterday (3rd). I am hopeful this is good news.

Yeah, he apparently got down to the P.O. yesterday (despite the fact that he'd said mine "shipped out on Friday"), so hopefully several of us who have been waiting will get our switches soon.

His first post was about bad stuff and reasons for selling (taking your money) but not shipping...and then we hear fo this terrible car accident....i think his misfortune is because of bad karma he's incured from his business practices. Let's get this guy to church and get the voodoo **** straightened out! LOL voodoo exorcism :twisted:

bloodspoint said:
Shutts said:
I received a tracking number but it says that it is not confirmation that it has actually been shipped. Sometimes it says that because I didn't request a tracking number. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully get it by the end of the week. Bloodspoint - did yours arrive yet?

Yeah, that apparently doesn't mean much. Here's my history thus far:
7/25 - Ordered "In Stock" switch from site and paid in full.
8/5 - Got a "Shipping info received" notice like you got.
Sometime around the middle of the month - started e-mailing him with no response.
8/27 - Filed a dispute with PayPal
8/28 - Got message about terrible car accident and injuries.
8/29 - Got message that switch "shipped out today".
9/3 - USPS says package actually left their facility.
9/5 - Actual delivery

When I filed the dispute last Wednesday, I told him he had till 9/5, this Friday, to get the switch to me, or I'd file an actual claim with PayPal, since they only give you 45 days. At this rate, he's cutting it pretty close.

Note that it was almost a full month between the "info received" message and the actual ship date. I hope that doesn't mean it'll be another month before yours actually ships. :roll:

And... it got here today. They very day that I said if I didn't have it in my hands, I was backing out the charge. Coincidence? You make the call.
And I will say, it is beautiful, nicely made, and works very well.
None of that excuses the way he does business. I think it's a great product, but I would seriously not recommend anyone to order form him unless they really don't care how long it takes.

I received the switch on Saturday. It's a solid and well made - worth the wait.

My advice after all this: Expect delays in shipping, expect little communication, but the switch will arrive eventually (3 + weeks) - knowing this should relieve some of the frustration. And you will be pleased in the end.

Shutts said:
I received the switch on Saturday. It's a solid and well made - worth the wait.

My advice after all this: Expect delays in shipping, expect little communication, but the switch will arrive eventually (3 + weeks) - knowing this should relieve some of the frustration. And you will be pleased in the end.

How long exactly appears to be related mostly to how closely you order vs. when he decides to get a shipment out. Some people have them in a little over a week. You got yours in 3-ish weeks. Mine was seven. As I said, it's a nice switch, but I'd recommend trying to find one used before ordering from that guy.
Even if you don't need it right away, it's not a good thing to support that kind of business practice.

According to the website, they don't have a pedal package for the DC-5 that does anything more than my stock unit does. I was hoping to integrate reverb or maybe even more.

Does anyone have the details of the pedal switching? For instance, channel switching is done on the same T/R/S connector as EQ. Channel switching is a constant short between the T & S, while the EQ is a momentary between R&S. (NOTE: THESE ARE JUST MADE UP AS EXAMPLES....) If I knew the details of the switches, I could certainly build the pedal myself. Heck, I could "pin-out" the EQ and Channel switches since I have the original switch - I'm more interested in the details on the other footswitchable functions like Reverb.

If someone had that information, I could make my own. I'd probably integrate a single power supply to power the LEDs, as well as the other pedals I use nearby. Heck, I might just extend the "floor" of the pedal so things my CryBaby and other pedals permanantly bolt down to it, and I end up with a single integrated pedalboard with a single powersupply.

Anyone have that kind of info?

swhiteh3 said:
According to the website, they don't have a pedal package for the DC-5 that does anything more than my stock unit does. I was hoping to integrate reverb or maybe even more.

Does anyone have the details of the pedal switching? For instance, channel switching is done on the same T/R/S connector as EQ. Channel switching is a constant short between the T & S, while the EQ is a momentary between R&S. (NOTE: THESE ARE JUST MADE UP AS EXAMPLES....) If I knew the details of the switches, I could certainly build the pedal myself. Heck, I could "pin-out" the EQ and Channel switches since I have the original switch - I'm more interested in the details on the other footswitchable functions like Reverb.

If someone had that information, I could make my own. I'd probably integrate a single power supply to power the LEDs, as well as the other pedals I use nearby. Heck, I might just extend the "floor" of the pedal so things my CryBaby and other pedals permanantly bolt down to it, and I end up with a single integrated pedalboard with a single powersupply.

Anyone have that kind of info?

I say you post up a question outside of this thread and you will get an answer. There's some smart guys here. Make a new thread in your amps topic area. :idea: :?:

I agrree with you on not supporting bad business practice. It seems we only got a response through a paypal claim.

I don't know the answer other than if there is anyone else out there that can make these with just the same quality let us know. I would be more than happy to try them and recommend them. There is obviously a need.

well, i bought two switches off of eBay(and paid right away) on 9/2 before I ran across this thread :(

It's been two weeks, which I think is a reasonable time to wait for something on ebay. Yeah, he actually sent me a bogus USPS delivery confirmation# ten days ago, apparently his ploy to buy time-- but today the package has still not even been accepted electronically(received) by the Post Office, meaning the U.S.P.S. has not yet seen the package. :shock:

Well, now I have to waste my time tracking this guy down, emails, etc. to get him off his *** and ship my stuff or refund my money. :x

I will get one or the other. :twisted:

If I do not hear back from him by this time tomorrow, I'll file a claim w/ Paypal. I would love to run into this dude at a trade show somewhere.... :!:

Lesson learned. :roll:

Force said:
well, i bought two switches off of eBay(and paid right away) on 9/2 before I ran across this thread :(

It's been two weeks, which I think is a reasonable time to wait for something on ebay. Yeah, he actually sent me a bogus USPS delivery confirmation# ten days ago, apparently his ploy to buy time-- but today the package has still not even been accepted electronically(received) by the Post Office, meaning the U.S.P.S. has not yet seen the package. :shock:

Well, now I have to waste my time tracking this guy down, emails, etc. to get him off his *** and ship my stuff or refund my money. :x

If I do not hear back from him by this time tomorrow, I'll file a claim w/ Paypal. I would love to run into this dude at a trade show somewhere.... :!:

The PayPal claim is the only way I know of to get his attention. My experience, corroborated by others here - is that he will completely ignore you till you start firing shots from PayPal.

bloodspoint said:
The PayPal claim is the only way I know of to get his attention. My experience, corroborated by others here - is that he will completely ignore you till you start firing shots from PayPal.

Thanks man, I appreciate the heads up.

bloodspoint said:
Force said:

Bad news for me since it's been more than 50 days since I payed him and I got a trackingnumber 5 Aug but thats just bullsh!t. Seems like I never going to get my pedal, and no money back either. You can't file a claim through PayPal after 45 days right?

He's a liar, he says he has shipped when he hasn't :x

I mailed him two weeks ago and he said he had shipped it and he had been in a car accident (yea right :lol: ).

Still NO SWITCH :!: :evil:

zenabI said:
bloodspoint said:
Force said:

Bad news for me since it's been more than 50 days since I payed him and I got a trackingnumber 5 Aug but thats just bullsh!t. Seems like I never going to get my pedal, and no money back either. You can't file a claim through PayPal after 45 days right?

I mailed him two weeks ago and he said he had shipped it and he had been in a car accident (yea right :lol: ).

You're probably out of luck as far as PayPal. That's why I started ramping up heavily after 30 days or so, and told him that I would file a claim if I didn't have it in hand by a certain date.

If you did a credit card through PayPal, you can still dispute the charge through the CC company. I did that once, and PayPal said they didn't have a problem with it.

yeah, i think 45 days in the limit for a paypal claim, which is totally unfortunate for you. I can and do recommend Loop-Master, he may have a product that meets your needs, he does a lot of similar products.

that's: http://www.loop-master.com

I feel your pain bro!

funny thing about this guy James Britt, he won't ship the product you pay for, he will keep the money, and he won't answer your emails on ebay or regular email, but then he bitches like he is some kind of victim when things escalate, meaning he gets neg. feedback or paypal claims.

the guy is becoming more and more of a total scam, ...but if he just happens to have a switch made, ....and you just happen to buy on the right day, ....he apparently will send out the product because some people are getting their stuff (eventually) at his "whim". Obviously no way to run a business. :roll:

imho, i think he has some serious denial issues, and maybe some kind of drug/alcohol habit (hence all the lies, bogus excuses, etc).

I hope if that's the case he gets the help he needs, he could really do something with that business if he had his head on straight, but in the mean time(or maybe always) he is creating a lot of bad will. what goes around comes around. As for me, I am done with this guy for the forseeable future (at least).

bloodspoint said:
zenabI said:
bloodspoint said:

You're probably out of luck as far as PayPal. That's why I started ramping up heavily after 30 days or so, and told him that I would file a claim if I didn't have it in hand by a certain date.

If you did a credit card through PayPal, you can still dispute the charge through the CC company. I did that once, and PayPal said they didn't have a problem with it.

Tell me more about that. how do you mean? yes I have my credit card connected to PayPal and I pay like that. What is the CC company?

I'm new to PayPal, I've only done like 20 transactions without any trouble.

Force said:
yeah, i think 45 days in the limit for a paypal claim, which is totally unfortunate for you. I can and do recommend Loop-Master, he may have a product that meets your needs, he does a lot of similar products.

that's: http://www.loop-master.com

I feel your pain bro!

Thanks.

I think we all should report him to Ebay so they can ban him from there, someone in the US should also report him to the police...

There's plenty of evidence.

zenabI said:
bloodspoint said:

Tell me more about that. how do you mean? yes I have my credit card connected to PayPal and I pay like that. What is the CC company?

Well, it doesn't involve PayPal at all really. Any time you get charged for something you didn't order or you order something and pay for it but it never shows up, you can file a dispute with the CC company. You call their customer service number, explain the story, and they start an investigation, which has to either end with the merchant giving you the merchandise or the CC company backing out the charge. Unless they can prove you're defrauding them somehow, if you say, "I never got it. Back out the charge", they have to back it out.
That's the main reason I always use CC's when buying stuff online. The couple times I've gotten stiffed, at least I got my money back.

bloodspoint said:
zenabI said:
bloodspoint said:

Well, it doesn't involve PayPal at all really. Any time you get charged for something you didn't order or you order something and pay for it but it never shows up, you can file a dispute with the CC company. You call their customer service number, explain the story, and they start an investigation, which has to either end with the merchant giving you the merchandise or the CC company backing out the charge. Unless they can prove you're defrauding them somehow, if you say, "I never got it. Back out the charge", they have to back it out.
That's the main reason I always use CC's when buying stuff online. The couple times I've gotten stiffed, at least I got my money back.

Okay, but what is it? I never heard of it. Where can I contact them. Is it possible, I'm in Europe :wink:

zenabI said:
bloodspoint said:
zenabI said:

Okay, but what is it? I never heard of it. Where can I contact them. Is it possible, I'm in Europe :wink:

I'm not sure if it's different in Europe or not. In the US, credit cards have a customer service number on them. Or there ought to be one on your bill. In the US anyway, you would just call up the number on the back and tell customer service you want to dispute a charge.
I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that.

Back