VoodooMan Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it finally arrived, and it was shipped with the tracking number he had sent me weeks earlier. Never again will I do any business with them. Hope you get your switch soon.

I finally got my switch in the mail yesterday. It took just short of four months, but it's here. It looks to be built really well and functions as it should. You know, if James, Max, or whatever name he wants to call himself that day would just be honest and upfront about delays, he'd be much better off. I was told it had shipped three different times. All his excuses about thinking it was shipped and finding it behind the workbench (given to several posters on this thread), problems in shipping etc are just that, excuses, and outright lies. There is one thing he was very successful at doing. That would be earning his "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau. I firmly believe it was only my complaints to the BBB, FTC and ICCC that got my switch shipped. I urge anyone else who's order is in limbo to do the same.

Well-I received my switch in the mail on Friday, so he ('Max") came through. I'd like to think he was sending it anyway, and contacting the authorities had nothing to do with it, but....
it probably fell off the work bench and got covered up with the other 20 ready-to-ship switches that had fallen off that bench.

My advice to those still waiting- send copies of all your correspondence to the Washington State Attorney's Office and Secret Service and request they investigate him for interstate commerce fraud... somehow when guys in suits show up on your door, you find the motivation to do the right thing.

This could have been a much better transaction for him and me, if he had the common courtesy to pick up the phone and call to explain he was behind in production. I would have worked with the guy. Now I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

VERY glad to have stumbled across this thread just before planning to buy from this guy! Can't believe it's the same story repeated over the past 3 years!

Does anyone know if it would be safer to buy his switches from this site: http://www.freibothstrading.com/home.php?cat=250
or their ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Freiboths-Trading-Co
or will the same guy still be responsible for delivery??

Just to update my post above I went ahead and took the risk and ordered a VoodooMan switch via the ebay store I linked above. Thus far looks good, received an email saying it had shipped less than 24hrs later! I think Mr VoodooMan has seen the light and realised he makes **** good switches but doesn't have a great head for business.

gts said:
seraphiim said:
Just to update my post above I went ahead and took the risk and ordered a VoodooMan switch via the ebay store I linked above. Thus far looks good, received an email saying it had shipped less than 24hrs later! I think Mr VoodooMan has seen the light and realised he makes **** good switches but doesn't have a great head for business.
Hmmm joins the board 2 days ago. Thanks us for the warning but goes ahead and buys from Mr. Voodoo anyway. :roll:
Maybe it's Mr. Voodoo himself with a new user ID. Now calling himself "seraphiim".... in an attempt to try and restore his, shall I say, 'crap' reputation with a 'shill post'.
I thought the same thing.

If you just joined a forum and found a thread with 13 pages of bad experiances with a certian company, would you go and make an order with said company? :roll:

please

Haha! Ah let me assure you I'm about as far from Mr Voodooman as I can be. I'm a girl from Australia (Seraphiim is my modelling name seraphiim.darkfolio.com, if you're still skeptical you can email me via that website) and I'm very happy to see my switch arrived today, way quicker than I expected.

I didn't want to buy Voodooman after reading all the posts but I found I was left with little choice as Switchdoctor don't ship to Australia :( and I needed it for my ENGL; the alternative being the ENGL Z5, impossible to find 2nd-hand here and retails at about AU$400. So I messaged some of the people who had already bought Voodooman switches via that ebay site I mentioned and asked if they had any trouble. They said no so I bought the cheapest option I could (ENGL Z4 replacement @ $40) and decided to take the risk.

I'll admit though that I don't own a Mesa. :eek: Do I get kicked out now?

seraphiim said:
Haha! Ah let me assure you I'm about as far from Mr Voodooman as I can be. I'm a girl from Australia (Seraphiim is my modelling name seraphiim.darkfolio.com, if you're still skeptical you can email me via that website) and I'm very happy to see my switch arrived today, way quicker than I expected.

I didn't want to buy Voodooman after reading all the posts but I found I was left with little choice as Switchdoctor don't ship to Australia :( and I needed it for my ENGL; the alternative being the ENGL Z5, impossible to find 2nd-hand here and retails at about AU$400. So I messaged some of the people who had already bought Voodooman switches via that ebay site I mentioned and asked if they had any trouble. They said no so I bought the cheapest option I could (ENGL Z4 replacement @ $40) and decided to take the risk.

I'll admit though that I don't own a Mesa. :eek: Do I get kicked out now?

You should never be kicked out of ANYWHERE period!! :twisted:

My experience with Voodooman wasn't bad at all.
I bought a Mark III switch around one year ago and it was shipped immediately.

i ordered a switch on 9/24... card was charged then. no email replies until i requested to cancel the order suddenly inget a tracking # shipped but it isnt in the usps system. 2 weeks later no email replies and the item has not shipped. sincw i ordered w a credit card, i just disputed it. i wish i had searched for this before i ordered and wasted my time. dang!

buyer beware!

Just confirming this is the ebay store I bought my switch from and received it quick-as with numerous confirmation emails along the way which was comforting. As far as I can see it seems the only safe way to buy Voodooman:
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Freiboths-Trading-Co

Be aware this shark is still doing the same thing. The guys a twat !!!

Ordered a pedal on the 27th May he took the money straight away of course. The item was in stock.
For 2 weeks the order was pending no movement, he never replied to any e-mails.
Another week went buy, I then took out a complaint with paypal, strangely after that the order went to shipped.
A few days later a USPS tracking number was emailed to me, this turned out to be an electronic one he had taken out on line, nothing had been posted yet.

A few days after that the tracking order got updated to say that something had been posted, it did not say what or who it was posted to.

whilst this is going on he still had replied to any emails.

Paypal was now saying I had 3 days to escalate the claim or it would be shut down, I did this as nothing had arrived to me, I am in the UK by the way. Paypal has decided in my favour and is putting the money in my account.

I have contacted the USPS to see if they can confirm what was posted and who to, I suspect he posted a letter back to himself and took out a track & trace number with the USPS. I have been waiting three weeks for the said parcel, yet to see it.

A quick look on the web and I am not the first person to have this happen to. It appears he just opens another papypal account in a different name !!!! Why does Paypal not stop him doing this.

In the UK I could report him to the trading standards and make the twat suffer. Surely the good people of the USA must be able to stop this shark letting people down

Pissed off yes !!!
:evil:

Thanks for this info. I was considering ordering a channel switcher from this guy.

I think I'll try the switch doctor or just pay the high price through Mesa. I hate the stupid switch doctor logo though. Makes me think of junkie rockers.

On 27/03/2011 I ordered a footswitch. The Voodooman website stated that transactions are processed within 48hrs. On 03/04/2011 I checked the status it was listed as pending. I sent them an email questioning this but received no reply.
It was not until 11/04/2011 that I received a status update saying the order was confirmed.
On 15/04/2011 I received a status update saying it had been shipped.
On 13/05/2011 I again received the same update (shipped).
On 27/05/11 I sent an email to voodooman asking that they contact the courier to get an ETA and confirm that it's on the way. I received no reply.
On 31/05/2011 I sent an email stating that I would be contacting Paypal to apply for a refund. On 02/06/2011 I received a reply, the whole of which read 'I am checking on your order'.
On 12/06/2011 I sent an email asking 'Has my pedal been dispatched and have you tracked it?'. I received no reply.
On 18/06/2011 I sent an email threatening legal action. On 02/07/2011 I received a reply "I am checking on your order"

Can't get my money back from paypal because it's past their 45 day cut-off

DO NOT BUY FROM VOODOOMAN!!
You'd be better off giving you hard earned cash to a man on the street

Just got scammed through his website. Luckily my credit card company got my money back.

block said:
On 27/03/2011 I ordered a footswitch. The Voodooman website stated that transactions are processed within 48hrs. On 03/04/2011 I checked the status it was listed as pending. I sent them an email questioning this but received no reply.
It was not until 11/04/2011 that I received a status update saying the order was confirmed.
On 15/04/2011 I received a status update saying it had been shipped.
On 13/05/2011 I again received the same update (shipped).
On 27/05/11 I sent an email to voodooman asking that they contact the courier to get an ETA and confirm that it's on the way. I received no reply.
On 31/05/2011 I sent an email stating that I would be contacting Paypal to apply for a refund. On 02/06/2011 I received a reply, the whole of which read 'I am checking on your order'.
On 12/06/2011 I sent an email asking 'Has my pedal been dispatched and have you tracked it?'. I received no reply.
On 18/06/2011 I sent an email threatening legal action. On 02/07/2011 I received a reply "I am checking on your order"

Can't get my money back from paypal because it's past their 45 day cut-off

DO NOT BUY FROM VOODOOMAN!!
You'd be better off giving you hard earned cash to a man on the street

This is what he loves to do an will always do it, because... it's what he does!

Back