VoodooMan Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I "bit the bullet" and ordered one of his full Mk. III switches this last weekend. Really looking forward to it. Up to now, I've only had a "lead" switch for mine. I like the way his switch combines everything into one box. The Boogie way of having a separate box for each function makes sense on some level, I'm sure, but I like to have it all together.

bloodspoint said:
I "bit the bullet" and ordered one of his full Mk. III switches this last weekend. Really looking forward to it. Up to now, I've only had a "lead" switch for mine. I like the way his switch combines everything into one box. The Boogie way of having a separate box for each function makes sense on some level, I'm sure, but I like to have it all together.

You will be happy forever with the pedal and you will think over and over again how much of a bad idea the Mesa way of doing it is was.
Let it be said let it be true. ;)

Congratulations!

bloodspoint said:

Hmm... Does anyone have any experience with what the typical lead time is for these?

Thanks,

Sean

I'm going to be posting into the classifieds here, but if there's any interest for my switch, here ya are:

VoodooMan MKIII 2-button switch for Lead/Clean and R1/R2. Perfect condition ...just don't really use it for my playing. Email or message me if you like. :)

Edward

CoG said:
GIG4FUN said:
I ordered a VDMII3 for my C+ July 10th.
It is listed as "in stock", I will post up when I receive one.
I highly recommend this company to anyone, their quality is supurb.

+1, I have a VDMIII-4 and a couple of other of his switches. Best thing about the VDMIII-4 is that he includes an incredibly long and very well-made all-in-one control cable. It looks pricey at first but once you have it you realize it's totally worth it.

How long does he typically take to ship? I bought a 4-button Mk. III switch - which was and still is listed as "In Stock" - on July 25th, and I have yet to see it.
The strange thing was I got a "shipping info received" notice on Aug. 5th.

I'm just wondering if I should be worried. I've sent e-mails to the address on his site, but they've gone unanswered.

Help?

bloodspoint said:
CoG said:
GIG4FUN said:

+1, I have a VDMIII-4 and a couple of other of his switches. Best thing about the VDMIII-4 is that he includes an incredibly long and very well-made all-in-one control cable. It looks pricey at first but once you have it you realize it's totally worth it.

How long does he typically take to ship? I bought a 4-button Mk. III switch - which was and still is listed as "In Stock" - on July 25th, and I have yet to see it.
The strange thing was I got a "shipping info received" notice on Aug. 5th.

I'm just wondering if I should be worried. I've sent e-mails to the address on his site, but they've gone unanswered.

Help?

My respect for this man is gone. You see, this is the way I have seen him work now for me both times. I finally resorted to a Paypal claim on this last one. He's a bad in my view. Perhaps he is like the Seinfeld soup natzi only he is a "voodooman" alright. He will give you a line quiet a few times once you do talk to him. With a little work you can track him down to his addy and His landlord works at a furniture store part time. I have a friend that is very close to him too. I almost had him knock on his door for me. I did receive my second pedal afer some "hard ball".
My future suggestions are to avoid him. Both of my transactions were taxing. The product is of outstanding quality. There's another problem for you. Is it worth putting up with this guys methods, probably. Again, it's ALL on his terms. He "plays" it this way. Ask around, you'll find it to be the case with many more people.

GIG4FUN said:

Pedal listed as in stock and paid in full July 10th.

Pedal Received August 18th.

I filed a Paypal claim on August 14th to get it or my money.

He sent it from Portland August 15th at 8:57 pm according to my USPS record.

GIG4FUN said:
GIG4FUN said:

Wow. I gathered he'd had some "issues" with shipping stuff a few months ago, but it looked like that had been cleared up. I guess not. I did pay with a credit card, so I have that option if I need it. I'd really like the switch, but as a business owner myself, I can't understand anyone treating his customers that way.
If that is really the way he does business, whether or not I file a claim this time or wait to see if the switch shows up, I certainly won't deal with him again, and won't recommend him.

bloodspoint said:
GIG4FUN said:
GIG4FUN said:

Wow. I gathered he'd had some "issues" with shipping stuff a few months ago, but it looked like that had been cleared up. I guess not. I did pay with a credit card, so I have that option if I need it. I'd really like the switch, but as a business owner myself, I can't understand anyone treating his customers that way.
If that is really the way he does business, whether or not I file a claim this time or wait to see if the switch shows up, I certainly won't deal with him again, and won't recommend him.

The real snot of it all... the switch is worth all the flem getting it.

Do wait... (either way that won't change). Perhaps you will eventually get a switch. :)

Post up here when you do.

We need someone to reverse engineer and start selling them here. YOU????

GIG4FUN said:
The real snot of it all... the switch is worth all the flem getting it.

Do wait... (either way that won't change). Perhaps you will eventually get a switch. :)

Post up here when you do.

We need someone to reverse engineer and start selling them here. YOU????

As I said, I do want the switch, but a month is long enough, and come on - if you can't ship for some reason, is an e-mail too much trouble? If I treated customers that way, I'd be out of business.
If I haven't seen the switch or heard from him by the end of next week, I'm going to the credit card company.
Sad as it is, this kind of thing is a major reason I always use credit cards - as opposed to EFT or debt cards - when I make purchases like this.

Wow.....I was honestly just about to order one of his switches for my T-Verb! THANX for taking a minute to relay your experiences guys.......you're helping a lot of players out there!

UltraGary said:
Wow.....I was honestly just about to order one of his switches for my T-Verb! THANX for taking a minute to relay your experiences guys.......you're helping a lot of players out there!

Again, he's got a great looking site, the concept is great since the original Boogie switches are so scattered, the products look great, and according to Gig4fun, _are_ great. None of that matters, though, if you pa your money and don't ever get the product.

After reading all these feeds it is clear that communication is not his top priority. However it appears that he does make good and delivers the product even if it is in a months time.

My problem is that he has an incorrect address for me and I am trying to get him the right information. Other than email how do we get in touch with him?
I am still holding out for the product despite the situation as it looks like his stuff is excellent. I hope it arrives soon!

Shutts said:
After reading all these feeds it is clear that communication is not his top priority. However it appears that he does make good and delivers the product even if it is in a months time.

My problem is that he has an incorrect address for me and I am trying to get him the right information. Other than email how do we get in touch with him?
I am still holding out for the product despite the situation as it looks like his stuff is excellent. I hope it arrives soon!

Well, technically I don't know that he even always delivers. My order is a month old today, and I have no switch. Gig4fun got his in a month, but had to file a claim with PayPal to light a fire under him. I wonder how long it would've taken if not for that. I sent him an e-mail that if I didn't have it by Friday, I'm filing a claim with the CC company to reverse the charge.

There's always the chance it will show up, but I'll bet I end up disputing the charge. Shame, really. It looks like a nice product.

Shutts said:

I suggest you send a letter to the peeps at the incorrect address and let them know where to send it.

I had a word with my mail man at my old address and he is calling me if it arrives there. Probably best I just cover my bases and hold out.

How long do I have to wait to file a paypal dispute claim? Might as well do that now if I can.

frustrating!

Is there not a way we can find out where he is and try and call him? I thought I read somewhere that someone had a mutual friend and was thinking of sending them to see him.

There are a few James Britt's that come up in Portland OR through White Pages. Is that the right Portland? We must be able to get a number in this day and age....it's easy enough for telemarketers to find me whilst i'm eating my dinner - on my cell phone - and I never give that number out!

Just to say-- I've had a similar experience to everyone else. The orders took way longer than they should have but I did get a top-notch product eventually. Actually he was considerably better than the company contracted to do Mesa service through their major vendor in Canada... :roll:

If you paid him via PayPal you should have full address information there, shouldn't you...?

Latest posts

Back