Found a 212 mesa cab that is the same size as 412, seeing if anyone has any info on this cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arron777

Reaction score
so looking through used gear and came across a Mesa cab that looks like a standard 412 but only has 2 12” speakers in it. Super intrigued by it was wondering if anyone here had any info on this unusual 212 cab. Any help would be really appreciated thanks

Is it the vertical 2x12 slant?

0.212RV.AB.F_2000x2000-front.png

No old school cab. Same dimensions as standard 4x12 recto cab. Listed as custom cab. Which I am sure it is. Just wondering if anyone had any info on it how it sounds etc… or why they made them.

so looking through used gear and came across a Mesa cab that looks like a standard 412 but only has 2 12” speakers in it. Super intrigued by it was wondering if anyone here had any info on this unusual 212 cab. Any help would be really appreciated thanks
I had one of these, that I purchased in 1986, same height as the 4x12 but not as wide. Not as heavy as the 4x12 and they sounded great
1726150683351.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s same size as a standard recto straight cab. going to give Mesa a call and see if I can figure it out what was in it and when it was made. If I find out anything I’ll post back here. Thanks for the info guys :)

Yes, i have one. Top is open but can be configured closed. Bottom is closed and ported. Sounds wonderful. I presently have IIb Coliseum on top. Still has stock speakers in it and they sound great. I bought it in the late 80's. It is the same as the promo ad picture from DavidMenke above.

Yeah that’s not the cab, I’ll see if I can get a photo and send it in. Appreciate everyone responding very thank you

Latest posts

Back