VoodooMan Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bloodspoint said:
zenabI said:
bloodspoint said:
Well, it doesn't involve PayPal at all really. Any time you get charged for something you didn't order or you order something and pay for it but it never shows up, you can file a dispute with the CC company. You call their customer service number, explain the story, and they start an investigation, which has to either end with the merchant giving you the merchandise or the CC company backing out the charge. Unless they can prove you're defrauding them somehow, if you say, "I never got it. Back out the charge", they have to back it out.
That's the main reason I always use CC's when buying stuff online. The couple times I've gotten stiffed, at least I got my money back.

Okay, but what is it? I never heard of it. Where can I contact them. Is it possible, I'm in Europe :wink:

I'm not sure if it's different in Europe or not. In the US, credit cards have a customer service number on them. Or there ought to be one on your bill. In the US anyway, you would just call up the number on the back and tell customer service you want to dispute a charge.
I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that.

Oh well then I'm screwed, just checked my credit card and I don't have any service like that.

I will file a complaint against PayPal instead since they didn't accept my complaint against Voodooman.

I have opened a dispute against voodoomanswitches with Paypal regarding his ebay operation & taking my money there. They are investigiating. We will see....I'll update y'all how it turns out.

He (Voodooman) is also doing business on his own website voodoomanswitches.com, and now on another auction site at: www.ola.com

BUYERS BEWARE
:!: :!: :!:

Force said:
I have opened a dispute against voodoomanswitches with Paypal regarding his ebay operation & taking my money there. They are investigiating. We will see....I'll update y'all how it turns out.

He (Voodooman) is also doing business on his own website voodoomanswitches.com, and now on another auction site at: www.ola.com

BUYERS BEWARE

I ordered from his website.

zenabI said:
Force said:

BUYERS BEWARE

I ordered from his website.

Yeah, I did, too. I wanted one and _just_ missed bidding on a used one on eBay that went for $38!!! I decided, "Screw it, I'll order a new one". I was pleasantly surprised to see they were "In Stock". And so the ordeal began...

hey totally blew off all my emails. I opened a Paypal dispute, then and only then did i get a response-(though not directly from him). Don't waste anymore time, open a dispute if you plan to get your switch or money. :roll:

Force said:
hey totally blew off all my emails. I opened a Paypal dispute, then and only then did i get a response-(though not directly from him). Don't waste anymore time, open a dispute if you plan to get your switch or money. :roll:

Thanks man, I just lodged a complaint with Paypal. If that doesn't work I will have the CC take off the charge.

What a shame.

Kids...let this be a lesson to you. SAY NO TO CRACK

dregsdesign said:
It's been three weeks and NO switch.
Have I just been scammed by a Voodooman?

Most likely...

Although it seems like he is sending everyone their switches but the time frame varies big time, if you read his Ebay feedback you'll see what I mean.

I've waited since the 23rd of July for mine.

I see he's using another ebay account/user name now too. It has far less feedback than his original one and no negatives "yet".
And he made another change to that account name. A little read of his feedback kind of gives it away.... (his "stories" are there too)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-Mini-RECTIFIER-Footswitch-By-VoodooMan_W0QQitemZ110292255169QQihZ001QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

beware

Perhaps it's time to write a "review" about him on Ebay, a guide so to speak.

Yeah, I payed for one on the first (9/1). Four emails later, he responds on the ninth with a fake shipping number. Now the 27th, no pedal, no response, nothing. Fantastic business practices. This guy is a geek.

I ordered my VDMIII-4 before i read this thread. Anyway, ordered and paid on 9/14. he created shipping label on 9/26.

jgh said:
I ordered my VDMIII-4 before i read this thread. Anyway, ordered and paid on 9/14. he created shipping label on 9/26.

welcome jgh! You have found a great board.

That said.... he typically gets a shipping labe/date right away. If he is true to form, it will sit there with that shipping label for a long time. When I got my two switches they still had the labels created the day I paid etc.

Welcome to the forum. I wish you well. I also hope that anyone who searches for his switches finds this thread!

jgh said:

I filed a claim with Paypal. I also made sure to leave negative feedback with Ebay.

The only excuse I got from Voodoo was that my switch had "fallen behind the workbench and was being shipped out today" That was a couple of weeks ago and he refused to answer any more of my emails.

dregsdesign said:
jgh said:

I filed a claim with Paypal. I also made sure to leave negative feedback with Ebay.

The only excuse I got from Voodoo was that my switch had "fallen behind the workbench and was being shipped out today" That was a couple of weeks ago and he refused to answer any more of my emails.

The is the exact excuse I received from him on the long delay with my first pedal order! honestly the same reason!

what user account did you use to buy from him on ebay. He is setting more up now.

GIG4FUN said:
dregsdesign said:
jgh said:

The is the exact excuse I received from him on the long delay with my first pedal order! honestly the same reason!

what user account did you use to buy from him on ebay. He is setting more up now.

Voodoomanswitches (1230)
Check the feedback....I am timmy_tumbleweed

Here's the one he gave me....

Greetings,

I am having massive problems with my email system and it is causing a bunch of problems so I am contacting you though ebay. I thought your package shipped long ago but turns out it was here the whole time. It had fallen back behind and underneath my work bench where I stack all the packages to be shipped with another one that was MIA. I was digging around last night looking for some supplies when I came across it. I apologize profusely for the delay and has shipped out this morning. You should have it in your hands soon. I am just glad it has been found and not lost in the mail.

James

- voodoomanswitches

I received this 7/31/08 long after I ordered mine:

Greetings,

Good news! I thought your package was on the way to you but turns out it was here the whole time. It had fallen back behind and underneath my work bench where I stack all the packages to be shipped with another one that was MIA.
I was digging around looking for some supplies when I came across it. I apologize profusely for the delay and have shipped it out. I always ship right away but sometimes dumb luck things happen. You should have it in your hands soon. I am just glad it has been found and not lost in the mail.

James

thanks for the welcome Gig4fun! Been lurking for a while.

I can't believe this guys feedback is 100%

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=voodoomancustom&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=2

Latest posts

Back