The Ace has arrived! *w/ highgain clips*

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howitzer said:
Thats one of the amazing things, like i said, playing the intro to Drop dead legs (tapping an octave above was simply jumping off the fretboard, the trailing into feedbnack was amazing, and pinch harmonics were popping off even in just the crunch mode without much gain. Response to the tone knob is insane also!

Thanks for posting the original clips, youve opened a new door for me! im going to the tattoo parlor to get the mesa logo engraved on my forehead right now!

8)

I hope more people go play this amp after hearing my clips, this amp is destined to be huge.

Ill try no t to respond too frequently after this, but i honestly feel like im addicted to the tone already. I am angry for not having it. Im figuring out which guitars tio trade in for this thing.

GAAAAHHHHH. its pretty cheap at 1499 also!

Seriosly, everybody, go try it now!!!

Howitzer said:
Ill try no t to respond too frequently after this, but i honestly feel like im addicted to the tone already. I am angry for not having it. Im figuring out which guitars tio trade in for this thing.

GAAAAHHHHH. its pretty cheap at 1499 also!

Seriosly, everybody, go try it now!!!

wow! good to see that they have the amp in GC now. are they still hard to find?

glad u liked the ace. It's a great amp. out of all the other amps i've owned, i'm most happy with the ace head i have now

It was a special order, it came in with cosmetic damage, so the guy refused to take it!

They said they take a couple months to recieve, and I was lucky to see it in person! So they dont carry it at GC (in Stock).

Howitzer said:
It was a special order, it came in with cosmetic damage, so the guy refused to take it!

They said they take a couple months to recieve, and I was lucky to see it in person! So they dont carry it at GC (in Stock).

whoa! u coulda asked for a price drop then maybe. got back and get it! :twisted:

Sorry for the plug, but in case you're interested, my Stiletto Trident Series I Head in mint condition is up for sale. This has 150/50 watt switching.

I have it up for $1,350, but yours for $1,250 + shipping. 8) Before I change my mind . . . .

I was wondering about the lead time on this amp. I went to my local GC Wednesday and the sales guy told me it would take a year to get one in. I pressed him and he said it was probably more like a couple of months. He was supposed to call MB to get a better estimate.

I want it now damnit!

Smith - There is one with a missing jewel light, and a small scuff on it at the GC in Tempe arizona. I dont know what store number that is. Go to your GC that is a Boogie dealer, and ask him to look it up, and get it for you. They can move boogies from authorized dealer to auth dealer.

1499. and maybe a little less with the small cosmetic damage. GO NOW!! or I might end up buying it.

My mark 4 took 2 months to build/recieve from the order date. I cant imagine the Ace being too much longer now that they are out, and a lot of pre-orders are in people's hands now.

fsmith said:
I was wondering about the lead time on this amp. I went to my local GC Wednesday and the sales guy told me it would take a year to get one in. I pressed him and he said it was probably more like a couple of months. He was supposed to call MB to get a better estimate.

I want it now damnit!

I placed my order on the 5th of October, I got mine November 23rd. It all depends on their build cycle. They build in waves so I think I just got lucky with my timing.

Here are some more clips using the Ace, hot off the press.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/ace/touchplexi.avi
Showing off touch sensitive qualities once again, this is with a low bridge pickup volume. Just trying to show how you can go from quiet to loud just with your fingers. This is my favorite solo setting right now :p

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/ace/jam.avi
More of the same from above with a slight bit more volume showing off the harmonics a bit more.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/ace/nin.avi
This really isn't showing off the Ace directly but rather with my new ZVex Machine pedal. Check out the industrial grind you can get, this is all with volume still around 3 or 4 on the guitar. If you're not familiar with the Machine, go to http://www.zvex.com/machine.html and read up on it, it's meant to sound like it does in the video :p

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/ace/machine.avi
This is full tilt boogie (pun intended), full guitar volume and pedal full on, this thing mangles the hell out of sound, I love how interactive it is, especially with the touch sensitiveness of this amp.

Enjoy!

Howitzer said:
Smith - There is one with a missing jewel light, and a small scuff on it at the GC in Tempe arizona. I dont know what store number that is. Go to your GC that is a Boogie dealer, and ask him to look it up, and get it for you. They can move boogies from authorized dealer to auth dealer.

1499. and maybe a little less with the small cosmetic damage. GO NOW!! or I might end up buying it.

My mark 4 took 2 months to build/recieve from the order date. I cant imagine the Ace being too much longer now that they are out, and a lot of pre-orders are in people's hands now.

thanks for the heads up, but I think I might end up going for the combo instead. I'll probably head over to my local GC and special order it this weekend. 2 months isn't terribly long to wait. I've been waiting almost 7 for my latest Ernie Ball guitar...

Besides, I have my latest toy due to arrive on Monday, a Songworks 33/50 tube amp. That will give me something to bide my time with until the Ace arrives.

Platy, thanks for the latest clips. I don't klnow that I'll need or want to push it that hard, but it's nice to know it can get there.

fred

np, the funny thing is that the amp is barely pushed :D

the machine pedal in those two clips is super heavy though :)

Forgive me if this is already in this thread, but are there clips of the Ace in a thrash metal context? NWOAHM? And something Fear Factory-ish?

Chad said:
Forgive me if this is already in this thread, but are there clips of the Ace in a thrash metal context? And something Fear Factory-ish?

No I haven't taken it quite that hard yet.. check out nin/machine.avi in my post on this page though, sort of industrial. I don't think this baby can get to fear factory style distortion without a little help from some friends though, just not that kind of amp.

Chad said:
Forgive me if this is already in this thread, but are there clips of the Ace in a thrash metal context? NWOAHM? And something Fear Factory-ish?

LOG used the Stilleto on Sacrament. You can get more bass, and gain out of the Ace though.

As Far as I can figure, the song "Redneck" is using mostly the stilleto, and the Mark IV. The first guitar you here is surely the Stilleto.

Howitzer said:
Chad said:

LOG used the Stilleto on Sacrament. You can get more bass, and gain out of the Ace though.

As Far as I can figure, the song "Redneck" is using mostly the stilleto, and the Mark IV. The first guitar you here is surely the Stilleto.

After a relisten, definetly a stiletto of some sort!

Yeah, when the band kicks in, im thinking they used the Mark IV, and some heavy Post EQ in the mastering process, but the beggining is deffinately the stilleto. From what I remember reading, it was a duece.

Hey Plat...

I saw Al Di Meola last night and he was using a Stiletto Ace head through a 1936 Marshall 2X12 and a Stiletto half back 2X12 cab. Sounded killer! No pedals, just the amp footpedal and an Alesis MidiVerb. That's all he had.

Guitarzan said:
Hey Plat...

I saw Al Di Meola last night and he was using a Stiletto Ace head through a 1936 Marshall 2X12 and a Stiletto half back 2X12 cab. Sounded killer! No pedals, just the amp footpedal and an Alesis MidiVerb. That's all he had.

Sounds sweet!

Latest posts

Back