sunglasses needed for my IIC+ chassis!***REVISED, FINISHED!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
I'm sorry, but I don't recall everyone pitching in to buy this amp for Vic.
We have no right to even imply what someone should or should not do with their property. It's just a few markings from a marker. The laminates do not look sanded to me, so no foul their either. It's not like the guy went Rhino Bucket on the amp.

Would you be saying the same thing if he added a few extra preamp tubes for gain and replaced the trannys with new ones? :wink: :wink: :wink:

NICE!!! Now the only problem is that it is far too pretty to cover it up in a cab. Would love to see that displayed proudly!!!

Edward

Well here is the finished product...(BOTTOM 2 PICTURES)... All rust from trannies and all pitting and discoloration from the top of the amp was removed very sucessfully using a series of grinding wire brushes along with various tootbrush sized 1" wire brushes. A fine stainless polish was then used on the chassis and a Rustoleum paint on the trannies was the finishing touch. The tube socket repair was a breeze as boogiebabies suggested it would be. MB's initials and the + are still in tact as they were left alone.
A very special THANK YOU goes out to boogiebabies for all the coaching that he has rendered my way throughout this minor repair and major restoration process :D

I would also like to use this board to let my son Platypus know that this fine amplifier is now HIS property! I have been evaluating his Stiletto Ace 2x12 combo for the last week (which he's NOT getting back!) and I am totally knocked out by the cleans....I am selling my '57 Custom Shop Fender Twin which I thought I would never part with). The brightness complaints with the Ace can easily be rectified....(pun intended!) by judicial use of the tone stack....ie., back down the presence, use tube rectification and spongy. Using a Les Paul R-4 (P-90's) simply required a bit more neck volume and a bit less bridge volume with the same scenario on it's tone controls. Both the R-4 and my Nocaster absolutely smoke with the Ace...........moral of the story....AN ACE CAN BE TAMED!!! The overdrive isn't quite as creamy as the IIC+ however the IIC+ also doesn't do
English Crunch like the Ace does ......it's overdrive has some bite to it which to me offests the extra creamy factor of the IIC+..........all in all, we both win 8)

I second that! :) What a great dad!!!

My dad sold his 1960 Gretch White Falcon on Ebay! Mind you I wasn't sending something his way. ;) I also agree with the Stiletto Ace comments. Maybe it's an amp more suited for older guys like me. I love the cleans on the Stiletto. and using the Spongy and Tube Rectifiers it gets an incredibly nice jangly 3D vibe to it... especially when taping and going single coil on it.

That was a great surprise to check in on last night, now I have to make a trip home when I want to play the Ace as it's on permanent loan :p

Maybe I'll have to pick up another one down the road, the Ace is a kickass amp.

Back