Sold my 6505 and just got a brand new Mark V!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synchros

Reaction score
I recently sold my Peavey 6505 212 combo, and picked up a brand new Mark V head and 2x12 Mesa cab. All I can say is WOW. This is the tone I've always wanted, but never new how to find. I was in the market for a new sound and something with a little less volume (I live in a condo which is not 6505 friendly). After trying out different amps, I came across the Mark V and was sold. The creamy tone, versatility, and the ability to easily dial into Metallica tones was a no brainer. On top of that, I got the Mark V at a blowout price. This amp has breathed new life into guitar for me. I know this is preaching to the choir, but the Mark V FTW :D

Congratulations man. :D
Yeah it does transform things, doesn't it..?!
Many decisions in life we live to regret. Good news is that this is highly unlikely to ever be one of them...!

guitarp77 said:
Best decision.

It's an amazing amp, you just keep discovering new things everytime!

I'm still discovering new sounds in mine, and I've had it for four years.

SteveO said:
guitarp77 said:
Best decision.

It's an amazing amp, you just keep discovering new things everytime!

I'm still discovering new sounds in mine, and I've had it for four years.

Congratz to the OP!!

I'm in the same boat after 3 1/2. It's awesome because when I burn out of a certain sound, a new one is just a twist or two away :D

Thanks, guys! I have not looked back once since trading up for the Mark V. I love being able to switch over to 10 watts, maintaining some great tone, and not waking my fiance ;) Quick question though, not that this amps really needs anything more, but what are some accessories that complement it? I've heard an Ibanez TS9 adds some nice gain to it. What about running another EQ through the fx loop, like a MXR M-108? Like I said, none of this seems absolutely necessary, but I just like trying to squeeze every bit of pure holy grail tone goodness out of it ;)

synchros said:
Thanks, guys! I have not looked back once since trading up for the Mark V. I love being able to switch over to 10 watts, maintaining some great tone, and not waking my fiance ;) Quick question though, not that this amps really needs anything more, but what are some accessories that complement it? I've heard an Ibanez TS9 adds some nice gain to it. What about running another EQ through the fx loop, like a MXR M-108? Like I said, none of this seems absolutely necessary, but I just like trying to squeeze every bit of pure holy grail tone goodness out of it ;)

congrat!
To your questions... it's the one amp I've never felt a need to ANOTHER eq :shock: !
It has tone of tweaking of his own not to tangle him with another set of sliders in the loop....:)
Regarding TS9 and such, I guess it’s a matter of taste and needs. If you playing on channel one (fat mode) and want to drive it for some lick to a more saturated tone, I guess it will be nice. I can't think of anything I would need to press when I am on channel 3 for instead… drive wise ?
I know petrucci has some of drive pedal in his live rig, anyone know when he use it?

I'm currently using a TS-808 clone with the mark V. Gain set to 0, volume and tone as desired.
Just the little boost and sustain you need for soloing while keeping the same sound !

Latest posts

Back