Updated JP2C?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultra high gain

Reaction score
Updated JP2C? nothing on the site.

I tried to post this twice, but no go. (Moderator: If this is repeated twice, please delete the other two)

Hmm... actually, based on that article, it seems that the most aggressive thing refers to the shred mode. Same ol JP2C???

It's the same amp. Nothing has changed about its design besides the transformers in 2020. I'm surprised more people don't talk about the amp exactly as described in the news release Ola read from -- Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 are indeed slightly different, with Ch.3 being more aggressive, fluid and 'bigger'.

Hey @ultra high gain and @Darkstar2 here's a lengthy but VERY in depth video I did with John Petrucci and his longtime tech Maddi Schieferstein on the new limited releases JP~2C 1x12 Combo as well as the development process of the JP~2C itself. Technically the same amp - BUT - in a 1x12 combo format with a C90 and it's AWESOME... and as you might imagine, the enclosure and speaker do make a difference. GREAT for high gain wake up the neighbors stuff, but also one of the BEST clean tones I've ever heard. Also that classic boogie note > bloom > feedback in a really lovely way. I'm working on the second video which has a ton of demos and more input from John and Maddi. In the third video I'll be building a dual JP~2C rig with the combo and my head with LOTS of input from Madd. Cheers ~ Doug;)

Latest posts

Back