shipping mark series chassis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiac272

Reaction score
hey,

I've shipped a few amps, and packed them very well protected. just curious about shipping a chassis. Think it's ok to pull the tubes, bubble wrap it with 2 wraps then double density box with peanuts? I'm just afraid of the chance something poking into the circuit boards...

thanks
scott

You can leave the preamp tubes in and individually wrap the power tubes and lay them on the chassis.
Build a few layers of large bubble wrap and encase the chassis securely, enough to have about 4-5 inches all the way around then pack it
packing peanuts. The should be about 2" all the way around the bubble wrap packed tight.
Never had a problem with any of mine arriving safely.

FYI: Mesa suggests using the larger pillow-style bubble wrap as (according to them) it is effective in absorbing shock. They don't recommend using peanuts as they can shift. They also don't recommend using the 2" styrofoam board as it does not really absorb shock, it transmits it. I would also wrap the chassis in a plastic bag, especially if you're using peanuts. It will also guard against water damage (hey, you never know).

wow, glad your pedal was fine! sounds like they weren't gonna take any responsibility. good idea on the plastic bag. maybe mesa's foam is different, but when they ship an amp i think all they used were foam corner blocks, and a great box.

thanks guys...
scott

Back