Boogie Mark V 25 Head with no Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rando2

Reaction score
Just bought a Mark V 25 head used from Guitar Center. Of course, they said the head was 100% functional before shipping.

The packing wasn't great. It was bubble wrapped, but moving around inside the box that was too big for it. When I saw that, I wondered if the amp would work at all.

I fired it up and to my surprise, everything seemed to be working fine, until I got to the reverb. No dice, no matter where I set the reverb knobs, nada.

I flipped the head over and tried reseating the connectors to the reverb tank, still nothing. V4 is lighting up. Didn't pull it though.

Any tips on other things to check? Or just return it for a refund at GC?

Have you tried some testing? Are you using the footpedal? Obviously, it has a reverb on/off toggle. If the footswitch isn't plugged in then the reverb should be on and dialable.

Testing: You can turn up the reverb dial on the channel you are in and tap on the reverb tank. If you hear sound through the speaker then you know the 12AX7 reverb return tube is working well. That was the case with my issues, the tank and tube were OK, but something was screwed up on the circuit board of the amp.

Edit: Incorrect tube info removed

That all being said I've had the reverb circuit on the amp motherboard go bad twice over the 11 years I've owned the amp and Mesa fixed it both times. So, maybe do the testing above and then reach out to the seller or Mesa if there is still an issue?

Last edited:
Back