Quick DC-5 Chasis question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightbeamHealing

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope all is well!

I have a 1999 DC-5B combo; I am just wondering if I can take the chassis out of my combo and place into a comparable DC-5 head casing. On that not, are there any rack mount kits that would work with it?

Thanks a lot!

Nick Landt

I have found this rack mount kit.

http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/kit-rksl.html

It seems like they should fit my chassis. I will still need to measure and make sure that it is 17" across.

Now if this is to work, will the reverb tank be able to fit in there properly?

Thanks!

Nick

Okay after doing some further searching on the board, I found that the DC-5 Widebody combo is too wide for the rack mount. Although, I did learn that a DC-3 headshell would fit adequately.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

The DC-3 headshell is too small. You need a Mark series wide-body head cab or a DC-5 head cab.
GTS has some that he has built, and has been getting rave reviews.

Also, I see them on ebay quite often.

Another good place to find one is in the Boogie Classifieds section here on the Boogie Board.

Monsta-Tone said:
Hi Nick,

The DC-3 headshell is too small. You need a Mark series wide-body head cab or a DC-5 head cab.
GTS has some that he has built, and has been getting rave reviews.

Also, I see them on ebay quite often.

Another good place to find one is in the Boogie Classifieds section here on the Boogie Board.

Okay thanks alot. Is the Mark IV Medium head the same? Cause I saw some posts on google, where it sounded like people used that particular head shell.

Should be the same, but I would measure the chassis width and have the guy measure the hole in the cab just to be positive.
The chassis straps and screws should be a match. I used my DC-5 in a Mark IV widebody combo cab for years.

Latest posts

Back