Odd Ball Boogie Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Y'all see this one here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1978-9-Mesa-Boogie-mark-II-MKII-100-watt-head-reverb_W0QQitemZ250543411089QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a558d0f91

Stumbled upon it and had never seen something like this done before.

i think that the knobs are actually just jammed on the remaining eq sliders.
there might not me any mods at all, i mean not cosmeticly.

But what's going on with that reverb?? It's hanging way too low and looks like the wires are run out the back and under the cab. That's pretty weird.

why would a "good" tech even do that? I wonder if those knobs spin or if they are replacing the tabs on the eq sliders. But from the looks it's effectively a 3 band eq now. Why would any one want to go from more freedom to less, and tear apart their amp and pay someone to do it?!?! I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't sell. I would not buy that unless I could try it, very sketchy.

Did you check out the demo? Hard to tell how the amp sounds... lots of hum, poor sound quality, but that is really one hell of an EQ mod.

I read the description.
that really is modded.
looks like the gutted the eq section and added some weird things.
i wish he had some chassis shots.

kartoffel said:
I wonder if those knobs spin or if they are replacing the tabs on the eq sliders?

watch the video at 4:38

the knobs spin....meaning the sliders have all been removed, and 3 holes have been drilled for the pot shafts.

for whatever reason, the sliders needed replacing and rather than find replacement sliders, they went with round pots....they could only fit 3, so it's now a 3-band EQ

Sure....welcome to the Magic Amp Kingdom....can you say "rigged all to S#!% ?"...
sure...I know you can...I like the way you say (hacked) that....let me get my sweater....sure..... :?

It's a beautiful rig in the neighborhood, neighborhood, ......neighborhood....... :cry: :cry:

(Mr Rigger's Neighborhood) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: No offense to my good friends (not you guys, but some guys I grew up with, and maybe the guy selling the amp!), but that is absolutely the gayest/most gay thing I've ever seen!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

They took out the most desirable option and did........what......??????

It looks like the tank was replaced. Maybe the rubber bushings are gone and it's mounted to the cab, or maybe it's deeper than the original.
That should be easy to fix, but the 3 knobs....... :mrgreen: I wouldn't even do something that fucked up! :mrgreen:

Now, if I could purchase it for $200, that would definitely be worth it just for the transformers! :D

To be fair on the tone issue; it sounded alright except for the rediculous amount of "frying egg" background noise (which I imagine came from lower quality pots and "hax0r1ng" the EQ section)...I mean, my blue stripe had a little bit of egg frying going on...but I run my gain and volume at ungodly levels for earth crushing tones, so thats to be expected a little (plus mine is modded)...so I would qualify this as lose-lose.

Hey monsta-tone, I wonder if this is capable of being de-modified?

Latest posts

Back