Mark iii - Help me turn my Blue stripe into a Red stripe PLEASE !!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoplite22

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Like the title says, I am chasing as much info as I can get, to update a blue stripe into a red stripe.

The reds have a much more gainy R2 channel.
Also, the lead channel on the red stripes is less bright, smoother, and also slightly girthier.

I do already know that C30, which is empty on the blue, needs a 500pf cap.

Does anyone have details or a complete list for all the capacitors & resistors that need to be changed to do this mod ?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi folks,

Like the title says, I am chasing as much info as I can get, to update a blue stripe into a red stripe.

The reds have a much more gainy R2 channel.
Also, the lead channel on the red stripes is less bright, smoother, and also slightly girthier.

I do already know that C30, which is empty on the blue, needs a 500pf cap.

Does anyone have details or a complete list for all the capacitors & resistors that need to be changed to do this mod ?

Any help would be appreciated :)

how would you know anything about the red's gainy girthiness if you don't even own one?

i have owned all the stripes. there is no difference worth chasing. try practicing if you want to sound good.

I've done what you're thinking, and it does not turn it into a red stripe. I suggest one of two ways forward as being effective.
1) Sell the blue & buy a red.
2) See if Mike B will III+ mod your blue. III+ is the best version of any III, and I've had them all- some many times over.

Just for educational purposes, this is my red stripe (or at least what I believe to be a red stripe). I am unaware if any modifications were performed by previous owners.

IMG_6242.jpeg

Back