Decision time

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I have decided I want a "real" Recto. I already have a Badlander 25 and I LOVE that amp. It's a pure rock and roll machine. But I've been GASsing for one of the mini rectifiers. So, it's down to a Rectoverb 25 or the standard Mini Rectifier. I found one comparison video on YT, but I can't see the settings, so I can't determine how much leeway there is. In that video, the Rectoverb seemed to have more low mids - something I personally enjoy especially after using an Electradyne for a long time. The mini Recto just seemed thinner and a little brighter. Again, if I were able to see how the guy dialed them in, it could sway my opinion on either amp.

Has anyone here compared both in the real world? I totally understand how tone is very subjective, but I am open to hear opinions from those that have actual experience with these little beasts.

And yes, I know the 25 watt versions are not the same as a Dual Rec or Triple Rec. The minis only use diodes instead of rectifier tubes. I'm totally ok with that. It's not the mechanics for me, it's the sound.

Back