Mike Einziger's Tremoverb tone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm curious about how he gets his tone. It's probably largely due to the fact that he used hollowbody PRS's. I can't seem to get his tone out of my Tremoverb. I'm talking Make Yourself/Morning View tone. Does anyone know what channel he used? It sounds like Vintage, but I've been wrong before. :lol:

Kiss My Axe - I would give The "Ask Larry" thread on Incubus' Forum a try. Larry is Mike's guitar tech since the Make Yourself days. He chimes in about every 2-3 weeks.

http://www.incubusview.com/messboard/viewtopic.php?t=12122&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=f1f3582f54da1a01dad7c36d28f30fc6

They talk a lot about his recent VOX/Plexi/Jazzmaster setup and pedals, but I remember getting some info about his Tremoverb settings somewhere in there. Hope that helps!

jasun

D'oh! Why didn't I think of that? And the funny thing is that I go there all the time. :lol:

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/355/

This gives you an idea of the pedals that he has affecting his sound (circa 2000).

His tone has a lot of mids, i.e. the 750 region. Try getting an EQ of sorts and mess around with anything within +/- 200 of that.

P.S. I think he has the quintessential rectifier tone on the Science album. I can't get enough of it.

Kiss My Axe said:
I'm curious about how he gets his tone. It's probably largely due to the fact that he used hollowbody PRS's. I can't seem to get his tone out of my Tremoverb. I'm talking Make Yourself/Morning View tone. Does anyone know what channel he used? It sounds like Vintage, but I've been wrong before. :lol:

the tremoverb was used on make yourself.... morning view had 2 DR maverick combos...... plus he uses a crap load of fx..... also to me make yourself has 2 distinct dirsty sounds... one thats very mid heavy (privilege) and one thats scooped (pardon me's chorus)... and then his cleans are just so divine... especially on the new album

the mid heavy sound is what you would find on the Pushed mode of a current day recto. It may have been the blues mode on the Tremoverb

Elpelotero said:
the mid heavy sound is what you would find on the Pushed mode of a current day recto. It may have been the blues mode on the Tremoverb

i think your right... its been a while since ive used either amp but the blues mode always had that mid hump that with the righ gain and presence sounded like heaven

I checked the Incubus forum. His tech said that he uses Clean/Modern on Silicon Diode and has typical Rectifier settings (around 12:00). He also said the he modded his, which explains why I can't get his tone.

I found another post of his from 2004 where he says

tremoverb settings: all tone controls between 4 and 6. gain about 7. master about 3 or 4. both channel voicing switches flipped down. vintage gain. modern high gain. thats about it.

Latest posts

Back