Master of Puppets clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice man, sounds pretty close to the original, too. It's a bit bass-heavy, though.

Did you win the comp.?

Sounds good, maybe a touch more treble.

Really good playing though, nice and tight, no slop.

hi afx

ive seen your metallica clip on you tube - the tone is superb imo

sounds very close to the recorded sound on your clip - i may have a go at this myself

i use a few graphic eq stages in my rhythm sound but never a parametric

where do you apply it in the chain and what does it add to the basic mesa tone?

afxwinter said:
Yep it's a mark III. How'd ya know? :)

Might be your sig :D

The red stripe kill's man .

Bit of talent evident . heh .

Do you do wedding's?

eeviac said:
hi afx

ive seen your metallica clip on you tube - the tone is superb imo

sounds very close to the recorded sound on your clip - i may have a go at this myself

i use a few graphic eq stages in my rhythm sound but never a parametric

where do you apply it in the chain and what does it add to the basic mesa tone?

The parametric EQ goes in my fx loop. What I use it for is to scoop out some mids and shelve out some 100hz frequency, and boost a bit of the highs.

do you run anything in front of the amp?

its such a spot on sound for puppets - makes you wonder why they went to all the trouble they did to get that sound

i have a japanese GE7 - its sounds okay but its noisy - how does the rane compare to it?

thanks

I don't run anything in front of the amp.
I like the sound of an amp without any effects on it, also a boost would be kind of pointless since my gain's not nearly dimed, was around 6 in this clip. I've got a US GE7 and while it's a good pedal, I also found it pretty noisy. The rane is a parametric eq, so your tonal options are a lot broader with it. You can surgically cut or boost whatever frequency you want.

yeah i was looking into getting a rane but they are rare here in the UK

i also have a boss eq20 which is also okay but it has some weird AD/DA converter in it that you can sometimes make out in te ousnd if that makes sense

sounds alot warmer than the GE7 though but i prefer the GE7 for some reason

did you double track / post eq for the recording?

Stonge said:
what kind of mics were used? and what kind of cab if any?

I used a single Shure SM57 in one position. The cab is a Mesa/Boogie 1x12 Thiele. Speaker is an EVM12L

I'm actually working out with a guy on craigslist to buy his Recto 2x12 off him because I think it'll give me more to work with.

Of all those clip's Your's sound's the most punchy and ear worthy .

I 'm tempted to actually register on that forum to vote for you . edit(btdt)

By the way , your drummer kick's *** . 8)

Latest posts

Back