Mark VII combo weight?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only think of one thing, Road Case! Something like this:
https://www.calzoneanvil.com/collections/amp-cases

Sure, there are others out there. Most may be a bit larger on the inside for the smaller Mark VII combo. Same for the JP2C combo. Mesa used to have road cases a long time ago. Not sure how long it will take to turn a new amp into a relic looking one.

I have carried my Mark III combo around for some time, never had a case for it. Sort of wish I did. I managed to keep it like new, so it was still in mint condition when I sold it. Back in the 90's it was just a change of location for the band to practice. Never made it to any gigs as I quite the band to pursue my college education since I had to move away for that.

I would not say it is a requirement. Just some insurance for protecting your investment, it is nothing more than a suggestion. I have managed lugging around a Mark III combo amp for years, no case but wish I had one. Much heavier than the Mark VII combo by at least 10lbs. The Mark III had an EVM12L Black Shadow speaker so that added some weight to it.

Just pointing out that when you travel to various places, egress may be difficult with some amps to carry into the establishment. I heard of the stories but never experienced some of the issues many have encountered. Combo or head with cab will still have its challenges. Probably does not make much of a difference. Not like you can carry the amp in one hand and the guitar in the other as that may not always work out.

Latest posts

Back