Looking for more info, pics included.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calos

Reaction score
Hi all, had my MK2b for about a year now, really do love it.
Anyhow, I would anymore info possible, I know pretty much it's a 82' can anyone else share any info on whose or what the other writing on the chassis are.
Also someone (at a gig) thought the amp had been modded (by how it sounded compared with his) with infamous FX loop, so photos of the insides included.

Cheers all.

DSC00162-1.jpg

DSC00163-1.jpg

DSC00164-1.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166-1.jpg

Cal

couple observations:
haven't seen white heater wiring looms before, OR as tightly wound.
BUT some other wires in there look the same (eg the supply to master1), so maybe the factory was using up white cable on that day..
The wiring looms look very neat compared to most I've seen. Nine cable ties on the transverse loom looks superb, but is usually four or five.
Like someone has paid extra special attention - not saying not possible from factory, just haven't seen it.
Relay - is it white or camera flash on the plastic top? They came with stock light blue ones. The current supplied spares are an orange/red.
Tina's name appears on many chassis, esp Mk III's. Can't help with the K2 marking, and can't read what's above it.
Regs, DB

PS, what was the sound difference he was talking about??

Cheers, the sound difference he mentioned was how focused/smooth it sounded in the mid range; I've never had the oppertunity to compare a modded and unmodded MK11 back to back in the same room so I really wouldn't know the difference; that and I was using the FX loop without any problems hehe I use an old RP1 wich has dials for input output and it doesn't have a problem with any amp I've ever used it with. The cables ties have been there a long time, that I can tell by the aging of them, the kind you see in old TV's (I used to work in TV servicing may years ago) The orange caps are all glued in place; the writing on the outside looks like MD 1/1 or a K could easily be either.

Thanks again.

cal

Yes, the ties looked old to me too, but still possible someone has been inside years ago and tidied up.
If the relay is indeed white, I'd call Mike B and see if there's a chance it's stock. Of course, he might not recall such a small detail, but if it's not stock then I'd go hunting and see what else is changed, IF anything.
RP1 eh??
I love my RP7. Yes, it's not fashionable, or have a gazillion gucchi knobs, presets, led's and it cannot make coffee. BUT it's simple and can do good sounds with tweaking. End of rant..LOL

Either way, your amp looks nice, and I'm sure will give years of sonic pleasure. That U get a compliment on the tight/focused mids is a bonus too. Well done!!
Dave

Latest posts

Back