Just bought a Pre500 Blackface

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I would rather not go into the paying thing and what he paid etc.. Yes i received the PM, I am not sure if i am down for mailing, seems like it might cost a bit just to send a Knob.

Johnson said:
Hey Siggy- out of curiosity...how much did he pay for it initially? Also, I sent you a PM about switching the knobs...are you down for that?

Johnson ! CONGRATS man ! You finally scored one, good for you... the black pearl, huh? NICE ! :wink:

Chiming in to agree with and emphasize the ubercool TONE function and usefulness of the LOOP ACTIVE MASTER. It does respond like an attenuator of sorts. btw, I don't run effects through my loop.
In the back, I set mine to 5-6 vol level (one knob series loop), set my front masters to max tube saturation, ususally high noon and use the LAM as needed for the room (home, practice, Live)

Does the job real fine !

I've officially dubbed her "Medusa" :twisted:

ThunderMonkey said:
Johnson ! CONGRATS man ! You finally scored one, good for you... the black pearl, huh? NICE ! :wink:

Chiming in to agree with and emphasize the ubercool TONE function and usefulness of the LOOP ACTIVE MASTER. It does respond like an attenuator of sorts. btw, I don't run effects through my loop.
In the back, I set mine to 5-6 vol level (one knob series loop), set my front masters to max tube saturation, ususally high noon and use the LAM as needed for the room (home, practice, Live)

Does the job real fine !

I usually do it backwards. I put the LAM at 12 and adjust the channel masters. I'll try it your way and see what I get.

Elpelotero said:
ThunderMonkey said:

Does the job real fine !

I usually do it backwards. I put the LAM at 12 and adjust the channel masters. I'll try it your way and see what I get.

I think it's like that commercial..."There's no wrong way to..."

I've tried it both ways and I like getting more BITE and warmth (sweet spot) from my individual chnl masters first then onto VOLUME.

The DR is more versatile with the modes and power settings to shape TONE than a lot of people give it credit for.
If you just want WALL OF CRUNCH GAIN, hell yeah...it's there. But it can do a lot more if you muck with the settings a little.

Again, I am still in awe of how much more usable the EQ is on my early DR, MUCH more so than my 97 or 99. :D

Thanks! Im really loving this amp. I Just got a new head shell for it which is great. I wonder how much I could get for the old head shell? But no I haven't checked out any tubescreamers yet, but ill let you know when I do.

How much did the head shell set you back? And did you get it with black or chrome diamond plate?

I do miss that amp, but in hindsight I just have to many and will be getting rid of some more.

Johnson said:
Thanks! Im really loving this amp. I Just got a new head shell for it which is great. I wonder how much I could get for the old head shell? But no I haven't checked out any tubescreamers yet, but ill let you know when I do.

I'd rather not say the exact price but it was significantly less than it would have cost to get a new one from Mesa. The head shell that I bought has the black diamond plate and the early 90's small mesa logo. I will post some pictures of it soon. I am still interested in swapping knobs btw, how much do you think it would cost to mail them? Im thinking <$2...

Someone had posted on on the classified section on here. but It look liked he stopped responding to people, but I followed up through myspace and I drove up (he lived in a neighboring state) and picked up the headshell. My old headshell soon...It's dinged up, but it is a blackface w/ small logo none the less.

Latest posts

Back