it aint easy being green

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric mayhem

Reaction score
In the 90's Mesa offered taurus tolex in 4 marbled colors- red which is likely the same thing as wine, blue which I've posted I really like but isn't the easiest to find, grey which many DC5's are dressed in and is still available, and green.

Tho I've seen the option on sales lit, I had never seen green and have been looking for one as much as I'm looking for any blue cabs/marks/DC/*****verb. The search is over for green and tomorrow the pictured HeartBreaker will be delivered to a family member for me. I've never played a hb and almost bought a super cheap one a couple months ago so I'm psyched to have another OG re-issue in the clan to try out. It's loaded with GE power tubes which I've also never played.. Timewise it obviously corresponds with the 3/4 back cabs.

I'm not as keen on the green as I rue not finding the blue but I love the red locked chain logo so maybe I'll be lit up like an ole christmas tree and start slapping away at my strings with harold on my head. Seriously I'll probably have to start learning some Jimmy Page since that song will hit me every time I look at the logo. For how much I've always enjoyed his take on the blues as my favorite Yardbird I'm surprised I don't know much of it. The consequence of growing up where you can not go to a party without hearing an inordinate amount of Rush and Zep.

Now some might say fresh off my "feed the disease tour" of the west coast vacation / gear acquisition that I have too many amps. To that I say you aint seen nothin' yet (BTO style)! At least once I get past this weekend's pooch surgery that is. And since I haven't found the coli yet my 1st purple stripe in many years arrives tomorrow sight unseen. I'm guessing it is a S which I'll be very happy with but I haven't plugged into a purple that doesn't make me smile.

Speaking of, on the journey I picked up a Bassman 20 that is said to have been tinkered at the factory at one time or another. To my surprise when pulling it, it was loaded with 415's, mark PT and DC/Nomad OT iirc in what could only be a "man that thing boogies" to anyone expecting a pair of 6V6. I'll have to share that one soon. It will help those learning tube amps and beginer DIY builders as it is all hand wired on a board 60's style, so it's easy to visualize, mentally map out and anyone with solder skills could build themselves a kick *** 50/60W tube amp mesa style.

Attachments

• greenMachine2.jpg
    greenMachine2.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 9
  • greenMachine1.jpg
    greenMachine1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 0
  • greenMachine4.jpg
    greenMachine4.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 0
  • greenMachine5.jpg
    greenMachine5.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 0
Nice rig!

I’ve always been curious about the earlier non-Mark amps, that specimen is truly worthy of its name. I can’t wait to hear your impressions of the amp.

I would love to try one myself, as well as the F series, DC series, & Nomad.

Dom

My first mesa was a DC2 with P12N. I still have it and had it for a decade before I got a Mark IIb loop mod and the flood gates got kicked open.

I also have a DC3, DC5A, F100 and had a DC5B. The DC5 is extremely impressive as a gigging machine for balls out. It's not overlooked cuz a lot of bar to medium size players have used it. The others have their flavors but can't pull off the DC5 and I have to imagine the DC10 must be almost coli-like relatively.

I too need to try the Nomad and want a 45 for the negative feedback selector not on the others. But if I see a 100 for $400 like I saw earlier this year I'll pull the trigger.

I'll report back on the HB after getting a guitar plugged into it.

If anyone has a green machine please post it. There has to be some DC's out there. BA and tremo/rectoverbs too. The F-series had this 3/4 back so should be period correct.

Back