It's here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the Mark V come with a manual?

And if so, is it identical to the one on the site?

Yes, it came with a nice big manual. Don't know if it's the same as on the site, as I haven't seen one there.

What,s the extreme setting like? Is it really a Mark IIC+++++?

The Extreme setting is quite close to the 'Modern' setting on CH4 of a Roadking. Big/fat/clear-crunch.

yeah, how's that marshall channel 2? but it won't sound quite close with 6L6.

Ch 2 is the Mark One channel. It is Marshally sounding. I like it.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! you must feel like a little kid with a new toy :D

It's funny. Last week I picked up a new amp called the Lunchbox 2, by ZT Amplifiers in Berkeley, CA. It's the size of a kid's lunchbox, and puts out a ton of sound. It was killing everyone at rehearsals last week. I found it to be reminiscent of the Mark amps (not bad for a $250 amp). This week I picked up an amp which is the combination of all the Mesa amps I've come to know and love. Yes, you might say I'm having a blast lately. Lots of fun!!
MeZadude 8)

Used the Mark Five at a band rehearsal tonight. Great little amp. We were in a small venue, so I used the 10W settings on all channels. Sweet.

MeZa 8)

The Extreme setting is quite close to the 'Modern' setting on CH4 of a Roadking. Big/fat/clear-crunch.

this is a little dissapointing, so extreme is a recto voicing rather than a mark series voicing?
oh well i hope IIc+ and/or iv is as good if not better than my mark III.

caf said:

this is a little dissapointing, so extreme is a recto voicing rather than a mark series voicing?

I wouldn't be --- until you here it for yourself. According to Mesa, the Extreme setting is simply the Mark IV Lead Voicing with the Presence Control pushed in....no Recto affiliation there. Remember, we all hear things differently.

I would be terribly dissapointed if any voicing on the MK V sounded like a Recto.....that's left to the RK II for those aficionados.

caf said:

Well, to me, that's what I could compare it too. Don't be too disappointed until you hear it, as it's really NOT disappointing at all. I like it. This is a Mark amp, and sounds like one. It has a broader tone palate than the previous versions.

Try it, I'll bet you'll like it!

MeZa 8)

I'd also like to know how its Mark IV 'mode' compares to a real Mark IV. It would be interesting to hear from someone that has both. If it can do everything a IV can, plus the other stuff then it would be a winner for me. I am in the minority in preferring the IV to the IIC+ overall.

newfinator said:
I'd also like to know how its Mark IV 'mode' compares to a real Mark IV. It would be interesting to hear from someone that has both. If it can do everything a IV can, plus the other stuff then it would be a winner for me. I am in the minority in preferring the IV to the IIC+ overall.

I have a Mark IIc (not the c+) and a Mark IV. I'd say that both of the settings are pretty darned true on the Mark Five, comparatively speaking.

I guess the difference I see is that the Mark Five is set to emulate the lead channels of the IIc & IV, not the rhythm or clean channels of each. So, one doesn't get the other channel options which the IV or IIc offered, only the lead settings essentially.

Remember, all of this is MY subjective opinion. I have been playing lead guitar since 1963, and have been buying and using Mesa amps since about 1983. And I live about 10 miles from Mesa Engineering in Petaluma. So I've been there numerous times and am quite familiar with them, and a few of their personnel. Just FYI.

MeZa 8)

How does the chassis size compare to a Mark IV?

Would a Mark V chassis fit into a Mark IV headshell?

I can answer that one. The mark V is only coming in two forms. Either a 22 1/2 inch wide head or 22 1/2 widebody combo. Due to everything that is in the amp, medium, short and rack versions will not be available; simply because it is not possible to fit everything into those sizes.

Latest posts

Back