It's here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don said:
What's it weigh?

It feels about the same as a Mark IV combo. But has a nice, fat leather handle which makes it easy to lift. No trouble moving it around or lifting it into the vehicle.

I've had my Mark IV in a flight case for so long, that the Mark Five is easier to carry and tote owing to the lack of a heavy flight case.

MeZa 8)

Serial number dude... SERIAL NUMBER PLEASE! :mrgreen:

You are one lucky man. Congratualtions on the V. Nice work on securing one of the first units. How do you like the footswitch? Too big, enough functionality, are yo ueven planning on using it or going midi?

theroan said:
I can answer that one. The mark V is only coming in two forms. Either a 22 1/2 inch wide head or 22 1/2 widebody combo. Due to everything that is in the amp, medium, short and rack versions will not be available; simply because it is not possible to fit everything into those sizes.

I've got a Mark IV widebody combo, that I took the chassis from and put into a headshell.....

Just wondering if the Mark V would fit into these (I like options :p )

Mark Fore said:

You are one lucky man. Congratualtions on the V. Nice work on securing one of the first units. How do you like the footswitch? Too big, enough functionality, are yo ueven planning on using it or going midi?

MKV:146

Footswitch is smaller than either the MKIV or the Roadking controllers. The difference is in the stacked buttons. It takes some getting used to, to stomp on one of the top-row buttons and not hit the ones below.

There is a velcro case in the back of the amp to hold the footswitch. Very tight fit. There is also a pouch on the side of the slip cover to hold the footswitch cable.

MeZa 8)

Halle-fucking-lujah!!! Congrats on being one of the firsts!! It must be true!!! Mine should be here within a week!!! AHHH CAN'T WAIT!!!!

That's actually REALLY nice to hear - I've been worried about that. I just love the way the Mark IV's pedalboard clips in to the back, and I was thinking a lot abut having more junk to lug around in separate packages. I'm getting the combo for this very reason. The only reason I haven't ordered yet is that I can't make up my mind to go custom options or not....

Hmm...
Dave

mesadude said:
Mark Fore said:

There is a velcro case in the back of the amp to hold the footswitch. Very tight fit. There is also a pouch on the side of the slip cover to hold the footswitch cable.

MeZa 8)

J.L.C. said:
theroan said:
I can answer that one. The mark V is only coming in two forms. Either a 22 1/2 inch wide head or 22 1/2 widebody combo. Due to everything that is in the amp, medium, short and rack versions will not be available; simply because it is not possible to fit everything into those sizes.

I've got a Mark IV widebody combo, that I took the chassis from and put into a headshell.....

Just wondering if the Mark V would fit into these (I like options :p )

Just heard back from Boogie and the answer is 'Nope'

:(

Like a lot of others.....I'm watching this thread with excitement too. If it were a shop....we'd all be fogging up the glass watching & listening to you!

Don't look now......but YOU'RE the kid with the coolest new bike on the whole playground, and us kids are jealous!!

Used the Mark Five last night at a different band rehearsal. Used it on the 90W settings (so far I've only used it in the Variac mode for everything. Haven't tried full power yet). Everyone loved the sound, and commented on it. I was able to get really clean sounds when needed, and scream away for leads as well. I found a way to get just enough 'hair' with the clean channel for a pretty nice lead tone too at times.

I use a guitar synth in this band for quite a few tunes. I did notice that there wasn't as much bass response as I'm used to getting with the Dr. Z amps. But it still worked OK. For guitar synth, I really still need to use a combination of a Mesa and a Dr. Z.

MeZa 8)

awesome news man. would love to hear clips of this as I am considering getting one of these.

mesadude said:
newfinator said:
I'd also like to know how its Mark IV 'mode' compares to a real Mark IV. It would be interesting to hear from someone that has both. If it can do everything a IV can, plus the other stuff then it would be a winner for me. I am in the minority in preferring the IV to the IIC+ overall.

I have a Mark IIc (not the c+) and a Mark IV. I'd say that both of the settings are pretty darned true on the Mark Five, comparatively speaking.

I guess the difference I see is that the Mark Five is set to emulate the lead channels of the IIc & IV, not the rhythm or clean channels of each. So, one doesn't get the other channel options which the IV or IIc offered, only the lead settings essentially.

Remember, all of this is MY subjective opinion. I have been playing lead guitar since 1963, and have been buying and using Mesa amps since about 1983. And I live about 10 miles from Mesa Engineering in Petaluma. So I've been there numerous times and am quite familiar with them, and a few of their personnel. Just FYI.

MeZa 8)
Man i bet that IIc+ setting is amazing

MeZa,

I am hoping you can answer a few questions as you are the first person I have heard of that has one of these.

1. How is the clean channel? Lone Starish?
2. How is the Reverb? Lush and warm or just there like some other Mesa amps...
3. Any popping when changing channels?
4. Any reverb fade out /fade in when changing channels?
5. Can this thing do thick metal to clean strumming and everything in between?

Sorry to interrogate man, but you happen to be the single source of information at this point... ;)

-J

rabies said:
it's just an amp with no new voicings. nothing to get all excited about in a downtown economy.

have a voice of your own.

really.

I am. And I am currently using it to inquire about an amp that has my interest. The economy doesn't impact all folks the same way.

Thanks for the profound advice tho... ;)

Back