It's here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to my GC sales Rep today and he said that he got notification of May 14th for my Head!! He wasn't sure if that was the Ship date or when it should be received in. Either way it will be soon.

Scott

ok, i'm waiting for someone to post a killer gain vid of this amp... where is it at people?

UPS just showed up Serial # MKS-195 (or 19S ?)

Only 3 hrs till I am home and lighting it up.....

:) :) :)

AND I swear I only ordered it two weeks ago this weds. Maybe someone cancelled and I got my call in at the right moment...

Gizzorge said:
UPS just showed up Serial # MKS-195 (or 19S ?)

Only 3 hrs till I am home and lighting it up.....

:) :) :)

AND I swear I only ordered it two weeks ago this weds. Maybe someone cancelled and I got my call in at the right moment...

Nice! We need to see the heavier side of this amp.

Koadogg said:
Talked to my GC sales Rep today and he said that he got notification of May 14th for my Head!! He wasn't sure if that was the Ship date or when it should be received in. Either way it will be soon.

Scott
When did you order it?

Maaannn, ya,ll are killing mel Folks getting their amps left and right now, and my dealer has,nt said ****! Anyone here a michigan resident by chance?

Called my dealer today and they called Mesa rep for me. I ordered in early April-a month ago. Said all 3 of the store's heads would be there by the end of this month! YAY!

Shang Chi 66 said:
Maaannn, ya,ll are killing mel Folks getting their amps left and right now, and my dealer has,nt said ****! Anyone here a michigan resident by chance?

I am. What's up?

I don't have a MKV on order........yet.......

I'm close to Detroit.

TT

TTSTWO said:
Shang Chi 66 said:

I am. What's up?

I'm close to Detroit.

TT

Doh! I quess I should have said why huh? Basically I just wanted to know if someone in/around Det. had an amp as of yet, or has gotten a call from their dealer. I ordered one from Huber & Breese in Fraser back in feb., and have,nt heard anything yet... other folks are getting theirs, I,m just getting alittle antsy!

Shang Chi 66 said:
TTSTWO said:
Shang Chi 66 said:

I am. What's up?

I'm close to Detroit.

TT

Doh! I quess I should have said why huh? Basically I just wanted to know if someone in/around Det. had an amp as of yet, or has gotten a call from their dealer. I ordered one from Huber & Breese in Fraser back in feb., and have,nt heard anything yet... other folks are getting theirs, I,m just getting alittle antsy!

I talked to a rep at G C in Canton and they hear the same thing..."the mkv's are shipping". I didn't ask for a specific date when they would arrive.

Have fun when you get it!!

Stopped by my place this evening and talked with my salesguy. He said the each store got one combo of the first run. They got theirs Friday morning and the guy who ordered it had picked it up by lunchtime. The second batch will be combos and heads and he said he would be surprised if it took until the end of the month for them to come in. We joked about it because I placed my order on May 15, '08, the day I heard they killed the Mark IV... and I waited. It might just come in on the one year anniversary of my order. Of course, I ordered a head so I don't have mine yet. He also suggested they might have started the serial numbers at 101 instead of 001. Sometimes they do that and the few that I've read about said their numbers were in the hundreds so it makes sense.

Anyway, they will be here soon. The Mesa rep brought his own combo in the store and let some people play it. I heard it was cool. He was supposed to bring it in today as well, but he hadn't shown up by the time I was there at 6:30pm.

Hang tight guys, they are coming and they will be cool.

Oh, and the ElectraDyne combo is still there. :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement & latest info guys, much appreciated. I don,t think I,ve ever had so much faith in a piece of gear sight unseen.

Want everyone around here to have their amps soon so this place can be on jam!

JOEY B. said:
sfarnell said:
For those who like the Mark I and Mark II series amps, including the C+, this amp is a little disappointing. The cleans are very nice but not "Lonestar Classic" nice, and not even Mark IIC+ nice (I really like the cleans on the C+). I won't be selling my LOnestar or my original Mark I any time soon, if you know what I mean.

This is NOT what I wanted to hear after I have sold my LSC 10/50/100 23" wide head.
:cry:

I think cleans sound great, just got mine in yesterday. However I'm a little disappointed with the high gain channels, not really the sound I was looking for there. The amp sounds great tone wise, I'm not sure its the amp for me though.

iceman said:
I think cleans sound great, just got mine in yesterday. However I'm a little disappointed with the high gain channels, not really the sound I was looking for there. The amp sounds great tone wise, I'm not sure its the amp for me though.
I know it may be difficult, but could you describe in what way your expectations were not met? What kind of high gain were you after?

First off the tone is great on this amp. I'm just not finding the tighter bottom on the higher gain channels (maybe I shouldn't be expecting, I haven't had experience with the Mark series before). I understand it takes a while to dial in the "perfect" settings, but I think the core of the high gain settings isn't what I'm after. I hear Carlos Santa type sounds, liquid sustain etc and Metallica MOP, I'm looking more the Metallica Load tone/gain/crunch if you no what I mean. Part of the problem is the open back 1x12 and the room, I switched from basement type setting to bedroom and I like that sound better, also played it through a 2x12 closed back and that sounded better as well and through an iso cab that I have, but still didn't have the low end. The gain is more fizzy (not in a bad way) than crunching IMHO. I've been comparing it to a 2x12 roadster, the roadster can't touch the Mark tone wise, but I think the recto sound is more what I'm after right now. For leads and cleans the Mark wins but I'm looking for more crunchy rhythms. I've been looking for a new amp for a couple of years now, and final decided to purchase right around when the Mark V was announced so I decided to wait and see if it was right for me. If I could keep both the roadster and the Mark V that would pretty much heaven. I think I'll end up with a Mark V someday (head not combo though), but right now I just don't think its the sound I'm after.

Back