Info from Mesa on my Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Mesa. They dated my "new" Mark IV for me. While they couldn't give an exact date, they told me is a very early 1991 model. The guy said it was probably one of the first to roll off the line. COOL!!!!

MarkIV-2.jpg

I'm very excited about it. I knew that it was an older model, because of the EV. However, I figured maybe a 92 or a 93. I think it's so cool that I have one of the first ones. It's kinda wild. There are features in the users manual (the one on line) that my amp doesn't have. For example the satellite connections and stereo returns on the effects loop. I’m not sure if it’s the speaker or not, but this one is brighter than my 2002 model. So the sliders look a little different to get the amps to sound the same. I’m very please with this amp, and I enjoy owning a little piece of Mesa history.

cool mkiv2962 ..i looked under there and behind the transformer ( next to the serial number ) there is a 1/4 " jack input...It's mark IvA and i only have a B mannul....does anyone know what it is?...I'm thinking reverb switch...which would be sweet but i am not 100%...

AART said:
my serial is IV5221 and is 92.

why is my serial such a high number while the rest is nice and upcounting to age...

Mine is definately a Mark IV A (satelite, fx oop stuff etc...).

how can you recognize a Mark IVB?

I owned a '91 Mark IVA before this one and it is exactly the same, same back panel functions.

On the chassis it says:

4/92 M B (a few inches between 4/92 and MB)

4/92 means april 1992, but what means M B?

AART said:
how can you recognize a Mark IVB?

I owned a '91 Mark IVA before this one and it is exactly the same, same back panel functions.

On the chassis it says:

4/92 M B (a few inches between 4/92 and MB)

4/92 means april 1992, but what means M B?

Mike Bendinelli.

A IVB has a satellite send.

Latest posts

Back