• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I Need a Mesa! Trade Me!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Reaction score
Alright, well I'm on a must-have-a-mesa-now fix and I thought I had a deal worked out with a forum member, but I haven't heard from them in a few days, so I don't know what's going on.

Line 6 Vetta II Combo

The amp can pump out 300W stereo but is capable of getting great tones at low volumes. To be honest, I've owned many high end amps; including a Diezel Einstein, Mesa Mark IV/Road King, Randall RM4, Marshall 2203/6100, Splawn Nitro, etc. and this amp has been my favorite of all of them. I'm extremely reluctant to get rid of it because I love the amp so much, but I'd like to try something different and I'm going for a very specific tone, so I will only consider a few trades.

The amp has the Armin mod, which adds new cab models and changes the names of the amp models to the actual amps (ie: Instead of Bomber Uber, it will say '07 Bogner Uberschall). This mod greatly improves the sound quality, though it's by no means bad at all without it. The amp also has emulated XLR outs for recording, which is AWESOME, it also allows you to plug directly into the sound board using XLR cables and then you're able to use your amp as a monitor if needed, or just turn the sound off coming from it all together. It is fully MIDI controllable and includes a Behringer FCB1010 controller (Behringer actually got something right on this one, works great and has yet to let me down). It also has a headphone jack for practicing when you can't turn it up to audible volumes.

I really can't say enough about these amps, I've converted many a soul who once used to be tube purists to these; just check out the posters at Ultimate-Guitar, their love for the Vetta is almost entirely my doing :lol: Since I got mine, tons of people have done so as well and have the same love for them as I do.

It's missing the "Amp Model" knob, pot is still attached and works fine, just no one around here carries those style knobs for some reason. The previous owner decided it'd be a good idea to take the handle off of the top as well because the amp is "so heavy" and would "break the handle off." Seriously... if you've ever picked up a tube combo, this thing weighs NOTHING close; I'm pretty sure that guy was on crack :facepalm:

$750 + Shipping OBO - Trade for Mesa Rect-O-Verb, Mark III or DC-5 COMBOS

I can add other trades (pedals) or possibly cash, depending on the price, if needed.

_c595232_image_0.jpg

_c595233_image_0.jpg

_c595234_image_0.jpg

_c595235_image_0.jpg

Can add cash where needed.

Check sig for references ;)

Up! No love for Vettas? :(

I guarantee anyone who takes a chance on this thing will NOT be disappointed. I seriously doubt if you'll miss your Mesa at all... you'll most likely end up liking the Vetta more :mrgreen:

No offense man, but you're asking someone to trade their Caddilac for a Pinto!

Just sell it on ebay and get a Mesa. I don't think there are many guys here that would make that trade.
You might try the Harmony Central forum.

itd be easier to just sell it and buy a III i agree

you can get a III pretty cheap - about the range your selling for....there abouts

maybe a few bucks more but not much

Monsta-Tone said:

Uggggh, I hate people that pass judgment on other people's gear. He's got a good amp at a fair price, and if you think it's a pinto, you are wrong, some of the best guitar players in the world use Vetta II's and for good reason. Someone that deals with amps as much as you do should know this already, shame on you!

Monsta-Tone said:
Just sell it on ebay and get a Mesa. I don't think there are many guys here that would make that trade.

Although, your previous comment was a bit off color, you are probably right here. Most people on this board love mesa and wouldn't trade for a Line 6, no matter how good they are. The OP may get better attention on HC forums.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude! It's a fucking Mesa forum. There's not a guy here who would trade his Mesa amp for a Line 6! I'm not trying to put his amp down, it's simply not the correct place to try and find the trade he's looking for.

I work on amps all day long and I can honestly pick a Pinto from a Mesa. I don't care who makes it, who plays it, etc. Modelling amps mean nothing to me. I've had a few and just don't care for them!
I respect your opinion, but it's not my opinion!

TimeSignature said:
May be better to post your trade offer on a Line 6 forum. :idea:

Good luck!

Exactly!
That's all I was trying to say.
Any number of guys here would be more than happy to sell you a Mesa, probably at a good price too! I just don't think this is the proper place to offer that kind of trade.

MatrixClaw said:
Up! No love for Vettas? :(

I guarantee anyone who takes a chance on this thing will NOT be disappointed. I seriously doubt if you'll miss your Mesa at all... you'll most likely end up liking the Vetta more :mrgreen:

Hehehehehe.....
Guys selling stuff always use the "hate-to-let-it-go" type of messages......but this quote is a bit much when a Mesa is the exact amp you're trying to trade for. I'm guessing this is where the Cadillac/Pinto stuff started coming at you.
Good luck with your sale though!

Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude! It's a f%&# Mesa forum. There's not a guy here who would trade his Mesa amp for a Line 6!

+1 :D

I DO like my little 15W Line6 combo for when the wife is home though..... :wink:

Monsta-Tone said:

I've owned 4 Mesas, to be quite honest, none of them could hold a candle to the Vetta in versatility with great tone. I get where you're coming from though, just figured I'd throw this up on here, since this forum IS the Mesa forum, there are just simply more Mesas listed here than anywhere else :wink: It is also up on Harmony-Central and I was offered a Mark III head for it, but I need a combo.

dodger916 said:
:idea: If that's the case, won't you wind up missing the Vetta more :?: :!:
I probably would to be honest, which is why I'm only looking for 3 specific amps. I'm really looking for the Rectoverb the most, there's just no substitute for the Recto tone. The Vetta can actually get surprisingly close to a Mark tone though, but I've just always wanted to try a Mark III and DC-5 to see how I like it in comparison to the Mark IV I used to have.

TimeSignature said:
May be better to post your trade offer on a Line 6 forum. :idea:

Good luck!
I considered that actually, but I couldn't find a Classified section on their forum, not to mention half the people there are just there to rave about their ****ty Spiders, most have probably never even played a Mesa :lol:

UltraGary said:
Hehehehehe.....
Guys selling stuff always use the "hate-to-let-it-go" type of messages......but this quote is a bit much when a Mesa is the exact amp you're trying to trade for. I'm guessing this is where the Cadillac/Pinto stuff started coming at you.
Good luck with your sale though!
Actually, if I had the cash to buy a Mesa, I would just buy one and keep the Vetta. The Vetta is probably the coolest, most useful amp I've ever owned and has awesome tonez. I just need a Mesa (mainly a Recto) to track with the guitarist in my band. Rectos really seem to sound best with other Rectos and I don't have the patience to convince the other guitarist to use one of my other amps instead :lol:

As for the sell it comments, it is for sale on many forums and I'd rather not deal with eBay unless I'm really hard-up for cash. I have a few people interested in buying but like many of us, are waiting for their items to sell before they can pay for it :?

Thanks for the comments though, I appreciate you guys keeping it civil and hearing your guys thoughts :wink:

Personally I think $750 is a steal for this thing. Vetta II's are actually very good amps with lots of good sounding models and lots of effects.

MatrixClaw said:
I've owned 4 Mesas, to be quite honest, none of them could hold a candle to the Vetta in versatility with great tone. I get where you're coming from though, just figured I'd throw this up on here, since this forum IS the Mesa forum, there are just simply more Mesas listed here than anywhere else :wink: It is also up on Harmony-Central and I was offered a Mark III head for it, but I need a combo.
Dude you are not setting your amps right if you think there is no versatility in a Mesa. I have owned Marks and Rectos and I could get everything from country to metal tones from all of them.

themisfit138 said:
Dude you are not setting your amps right if you think there is no versatility in a Mesa. I have owned Marks and Rectos and I could get everything from country to metal tones from all of them.

Ya, but not all at the same time, not like the vetta II can. Anyone that says a Vetta II is a pinto, quite simply has never tried one, or doesn't have the skill it takes to identify good tone when they hear it.

One of the problems I always had with modeling equipment is that all the amp models sound basically the same to me, however the vetta II isn't like that at all, you have very distinct tones available all switchable and very realistic sounding.

No worries about backline when you have a vetta II sitting there. It was on my short list when I bought my roadster, and if I wasn't such a mesa fanboy i'd probably own one.

themisfit138 said:
MatrixClaw said:
Oh no, I wasn't saying that Mesas aren't versatile, not at all!

With most tube amps though that I'd consider versatile, they still have a feel for being built to be very good at one sound, they are able to get other tones, but not as well as an amp made to do those tones, or they are one of those "jack of all trades, master of none." The Vetta is the first amp I've owned that can do everything amazingly; mostly I play metal, but I enjoy its classic rock sound better than the "classic" Marshalls I've owned. The effects are all very high quality as well, but I really don't use effects often so I don't really feel like I'm using half of what this thing can do. The fact that you can save up to 128 presets and call them with the press of a button is awesome though. Great if you're in a progressive band that changes tones constantly, you don't need to change anything on the amp, your settings are saved in the memory and your tones are exact every time. The only thing I really can't seem to do is dial in the sag of a Recto, which is why I'm looking to trade it for one :wink:

As a previous owner of a Boss GT-8, I agree with you completely that the Vetta can offer TONS more options than any single amplifier. For example the 'two rigs' at once where you can have two independent amps, fx's, cabs, etc playing at the same time.

That said, the problem with Modelling amps is, when it comes to live performance, they just cant cut through the mix with analog devices like pedals and amps. Something is always missing. At first, I was playing the GT-8 in the band with a crate powerblock. Once i switched to a Carvin TS100, the difference was night and day! I think you should try the same. Plug your vetta's line out into a all-tube power amp and see if that helps. Then you have the best of both worlds...all the tones you could possibly want + the tube-sag from a all-tube.

emperor_black said:
As a previous owner of a Boss GT-8, I agree with you completely that the Vetta can offer TONS more options than any single amplifier. For example the 'two rigs' at once where you can have two independent amps, fx's, cabs, etc playing at the same time.

That said, the problem with Modelling amps is, when it comes to live performance, they just cant cut through the mix with analog devices like pedals and amps. Something is always missing. At first, I was playing the GT-8 in the band with a crate powerblock. Once i switched to a Carvin TS100, the difference was night and day! I think you should try the same. Plug your vetta's line out into a all-tube power amp and see if that helps. Then you have the best of both worlds...all the tones you could possibly want + the tube-sag from a all-tube.
Never thought of that actually :p

I might try running it into the poweramp of one of my other amps, see how it sounds. The main problem is just getting the loose Recto lowend with the massive "wall" of sound behind it. The Vetta is so tight, it's very hard to dial in that kind of looseness unless I use a lower gain amp and run distortion models through it, which I don't like the sound of on the real thing, so I naturally don't like it on the Vetta :lol:

As for the comment about trading it for the Mark III head I was offered, I would've in a heartbeat, had the head had the GEQ. That was my favorite part of my Mark IV, and being that it didn't have it, it was really a deal breaker for me. I do have a promising trade right now but the guy is currently on vacation and isn't back until the end of the month, so maybe something else will pop up before then :wink:

Latest posts

Back