• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I Need a Mesa! Trade Me!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MatrixClaw said:
I would've in a heartbeat, had the head had the GEQ.

oh, that's no reason not to like the head. Everyone agrees the GEQ works wonders, but as long as you have a fx loop and a MXR 10 band EQ, that's all the eq you could possibly want. The MXR adds no additional noise and is a fantastic eq pedal. If you want more, throw in a BBE and you'll be amazed how your notes stand out. I put the BBE in the loop of the mark IV and cant convince myself to turn it off. :lol:

[/quote]
Dude you are not setting your amps right if you think there is no versatility in a Mesa. I have owned Marks and Rectos and I could get everything from country to metal tones from all of them.[/quote]

there's a good point to consider......i read blogs all the time from guys who bash the coolest, most well established amps for being "too this" or "not enuf that"..........when the plain truth is:::::: without experience, and lots of trial and error, you will never know just what a thing can do................boogies "BOOGIE!" you may hafta go out of your comphort zone and turn a knob you never thought to turn......but, if it says BOOGIE, and you can't get a sound out of it...."it aint th' amp"

boog on! :twisted:

caucajun said:
i read blogs all the time from guys who bash the coolest, most well established amps for being "too this" or "not enuf that".....

Like a wise man once said..."bad workers, blame the tools!"

emperor_black said:
MatrixClaw said:
I would've in a heartbeat, had the head had the GEQ.

oh, that's no reason not to like the head. Everyone agrees the GEQ works wonders, but as long as you have a fx loop and a MXR 10 band EQ, that's all the eq you could possibly want. The MXR adds no additional noise and is a fantastic eq pedal. If you want more, throw in a BBE and you'll be amazed how your notes stand out. I put the BBE in the loop of the mark IV and cant convince myself to turn it off. :lol:
I have an MXR 10 Band, but the fact that the amp's been for sale for like 3 months with still no decent offers on it kinda bothers me a bit. He's also asking about $200 less than my amp is worth and has still not sold it. Doesn't really make me want to trade for it if he can offer it at a really low price and still have no one who wants it. If it had the EQ and he had it at that price, it would've been sold in a few days, if that :p

Plus, I don't want to have to pay shipping on my combo to him if his is worth less and he's unwilling to at least help out with it.

Latest posts

Back